Thread: throttle question?

When my bike is at idle even when it is warmed up if I stab the throttle it will burp or even kill my bike. it runs great besides this little annoyance. It is an 04 xb12s with only 5000 miles on it totally mint. I just downloaded ecmspy and I am gonna do a tps reset you think this will help??

Yes I think that will help and if you can down load a new map for your bike that should get your fuel system better you may be just floating it cracking the throttle that hard. Good time can fix it right up onto of what your already doing!

That's just the way it is. It's not a problem.

I have the stock and race maps for your bike if you need them. Ecmspy is an excellent tool just make sure you save your current maps and eeprom before you start tinkering with it and read the manual as well.

what does the race map do? do I need race parts or a race ecm? just started tinkering with her and I do not wanna disrupt her beauty! what kind of map do I want to download is there an updated one for the stock setup since it is a 2004

No you don't need anything that's what your spy is for and you just want to make sure you download the one for whatever upgrades you have as far as intake and exhaust if you have stock just download a race map for stick parts but if you ever want to get a new exhaust you have to remap your ECM again because your bike will be pushing way more air though it and your bike will then be running lean on gas and hurting your proforance. O and all a new map/race map does is make your bike run to the best of its abiltities

oh so basically if I download a race map my stock ecm will be a race ecm without the big price tag.. and will a race map improve performance on my stock setup? or just don't mess with it (on break at work HA)

Yes that's exactly what it is a free race ECM and you can tinker with it u like me doesn't have a cable :p haha. And I way man I say go for it! Free power and a chance to play with your bike how could you pass that up :). And just like that guy said if something goes wrong your saved your stock setup anyways just reinstall it.

whats a good place to p/u the ecmspy hardware?

Anywhere your heart desires! Hahah eBay amazon or probably anyone of buellxb.coms sponsors. And the mapping you will have to do a google search for that.