Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ECMspy

ECMspy

I'm certainly not the most computer literate person so bare with me. Looks like I may need a TPS reset so I realize its done with ECMspy. What do I need...cable, software,how do I get a hold of a copy of ECMspy? I've visited their website so I assume I get it from them?

Cable...any Buell specified cable?

Thanks for any and all help guiding me through this.

You will need either a cable, I suggest one from xoptiinside.com, others have had driver issues in the past, so it's a gamble. Or a Bluetooth dongle, I sell them if you are interested (facebook.com/buellbluetooth), xoptiinside.com has them listed, but if you ask him, he will refer you to me.

Software, there is the free version of ECMSpy, which is no longer available, but there are some people out there you will send you the instal file for it. That version is only good on bikes up to 07, 08-10 need either ECMSpy Mono, or TunerPro RT.

If you go with a Bluetooth dongle, you can use the ECMDroid app on an android device.

ECMspy is mostly used for building your own tuning program.

I prefer using ECMDroid for something so simple as a TPS re-set. It's very easy to use, and free! It will also datalog, get codes, test parts, and even load maps if you want. Find it on the Android app store.

It does require using a Bluetooth dongle (not a cable) and an Android device. If you're a Mac guy like me, it's totally worth it to get a $40 Android tablet off e-bay.

Both AZmidget above, and Buelltooth.com make very nice dongles. We have had problems in the past with different people, but both of these guys do a great job and stand behind their work
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-12-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    ECMspy is mostly used for building your own tuning program.

I prefer using ECMDroid for something so simple as a TPS re-set. It's very easy to use, and free! It will also datalog, get codes, test parts, and even load maps if you want. Find it on the Android app store.

It does require using a Bluetooth dongle (not a cable) and an Android device. If you're a Mac guy like me, it's totally worth it to get a $40 Android tablet off e-bay.

Both AZmidget above, and Buelltooth.com make very nice dongles. We have had problems in the past with different people, but both of these guys do a great job and stand behind their work
    So...I can use my Android phone (Samsung S-4) with the ECMdroid app and a Bluetooth dongle? All I want to do is set my TPS and get codes should they ever come up. Sounds pretty simple.

i might have missed it, but what year is your bike? pretty sure newer ones, maybe 08 and up(??) require NO connection to reset TPS.

Correct, 08+ does not require any software or hardware to do a tps reset. Just turn the key and run switch on, rotate to full throttle 3 times, then turn it off and back on.

Quote Originally Posted by dngrrngriv View Post
    i might have missed it, but what year is your bike? pretty sure newer ones, maybe 08 and up(??) require NO connection to reset TPS.
    My Buell is a 2007 year model.

Quote Originally Posted by FJR1300David View Post
    So...I can use my Android phone (Samsung S-4) with the ECMdroid app and a Bluetooth dongle? All I want to do is set my TPS and get codes should they ever come up. Sounds pretty simple.
    Yes

Except you'll get addicted to turning your fan on and off, or testing your injector a couple times... then testing your coil (don't do that). Then you'll be datalogging, then you'll be on here asking about race maps, then we'll all have a long discussion about morality.
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-13-2016 at 01:39 AM.

Spot on Cooter!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast