Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have to drain my gas tank

Awesome bit of advice, thank you, Chicknstripn! Everything makes total sense there and I think I'm ready to drain gas if I have to.

Got both new plugs in, that was easier than I thought. Either the old ones were screwed in with no antiseize, or they were way old, or a combination of both factors, but it took a while getting them out. My challenge du jour is a broken rusted out rear spark plug cable that needs replacing through no fault of mine. That's easy enough, just have to wait a few days.

Not gonna touch the gas drain project till I have the electrical sort out. So much for riding this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-XB-fuel-tanks

Check out the above thread/link for additional assistance/tips.

And definitely follow lunatics advice. You can’t search google for a Buell Xb related topic without finding his name in a thread or two. The man knows these machines

Also, a great tip when threading the spark plugs by hand, is to use some sort or rubber tubing to get the spark plug started. Put the end of the spark plug(where the spark plug wire attatches) in the rubber tubing as you twist the opposite end of the tubing to get the threads started. Tubing needs to be on the spark plug just snug enough that the tube binds and comes loose IF a plug starts cross threading.

Hope this helps

Good luck

I have some spare spark plug wires. They’re used but in good shape.
    If you’re interested.....
    PM me your address and I’ll send them out to you.
    No charge at all, just wanting to help, and of course when you have the opportunity pay it forward.

Appreciate it, I am all about paying it forward. In the heat of the moment I placed an order for a new set of cables online this morning, but am thankful for the offer! I'm sure I'll have more Buell rookie questions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    I have some spare spark plug wires. They’re used but in good shape.
    If you’re interested.....
    PM me your address and I’ll send them out to you.
    No charge at all, just wanting to help, and of course when you have the opportunity pay it forward.

After a few days of cold rainy weather, finally got a chance to put the Uly together and it STARTED (on the third kick, but who's counting!) Turns out plugs and plug cables needed to be replaced. There's likely water in the tank, but no need to drain gas - I'll burn it all this week. Thank you for all the help and advice!

57484762_10218593616380999_1287446786624978944_n.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234