Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Buell, 1st bike

I just bought a 2009 XB12Ss from a friend. This is my first bike and so far I love it, although I am still learning to ride and have not really gotten the full Buell experience.

From what I've learned, Buell seems like a great American motorcycle company and I don't understand why Harley shut it down. I love all the engineering that went into the bike design.

The bike has a little over 14000 miles and my buddy took awesome care of it (for example; for the 5000 service he would have gone over 5000 miles driving to the dealer so he put in on his trailer and towed it there!). He has all the service records (everything was done at the dealer he got it from and hes the original owner), receipts for everything and all the stock parts. He but the illuminator taillight kit on, bar end mirrors, Drummer SS exhaust, K&N air filter and maybe some other things I'm forgetting. He also gave me the saddle bags, dust cover, a leather bra to cover the air box, a leather Buell jacket and will pay for the 15000 service when I get it done. I got all this for $5500, good deal? - and hes my co-worker/friend so I know hes not hiding anything because he wouldn't be able to avoid me if something happened.

So I'm sure none of you really care to read about me or my new bike, the real reason I am posting is to ask if there is anything I should know about the bike or Buell which someone who is new to bikes should know?

I know it is a whole different animal from traditional modern sport bikes with the torque being very steady at all RPMs (he also gave me a copy of the dyno run).

I'm taking the NYS learn the ride class in the end of May which will also be a road test. In the meantime I will just ride around my neighborhood.

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking ride you have there! I think the price was fair for sure. You might be surprised how much we like hearing about you and your bike. ;) Lots of great people here talking about great bikes! I'm glad to hear you're taking that safety course. Lots to learn there. Take your time, be smooth in all your actions and keep your eyes peeled. Remember, these bikes have gobs of torque so a handful of throttle can get you in trouble.

I'd recommend a right side scoop and some crash protection to start. The scoop will keep your bike much cooler and the crash protection will keep you from damaging your bike if you slip up. Being a new rider, it could happen. Have a look at our site for the crash protection and more.

Don't ever hesitate to ask us questions. There's a lot of knowledge here and a lot of people willing to share it with their fellow Bueller!

Take care and be safe!

5-0dro
    www.5-0dro.com

Inactive
    doberdann: LOL LOL i just bought exactly the same bike being a lightning long dark edition last weekend. had to travel to OH and back in 1 day for it but virtually brand new from original owner. for what it's worth these are very rare models and a great bike. do what dro suggested and when you get $64 spare cash, add the right side intake scoop set up. your motor will love you for it.

Nice looking bike:)

IMO the Ss can be a better first bike then a S. Little more rake to the front end and 2in longer wheelbase makes it more stable and less likely to pick the front tire up.

Good looking bike friend! peel off those reflectors and warning sticker;)

Don't push yourself beyond your abilities as you learn how to ride and ride this bike. Respect the power, use common sense and good judgement, and always be planning ahead while you ride. You'll love this bike and just riding on the open road!

Welcome to the forum!

And remember, ATGATT! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.We want you to have a long and pleasant stay here on the forum.:)
    Raz

Dannnggg you got a clean nice bike for a good price. Welcome to the addiction.

beautiful bike doberdan
    welcome to BuellXB and the family.

Loose the reflectors, warning labels and belt guards as well as those passenger pegs (being a new rider you do not need them...yet, as well it cleans up the lines on the bike imho)

ATGATT! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
    All The Gear All The Time for the simple reason it's not if you crash..it's when (we all go down at some time either of our own doing **** happens or a cager takes us out because 'they did not see us')

You might be surprised how much we like hearing about you and your bike.

some crash protection to start.
    a excellent investment for a new rider (or any of us in that matter :D )

ride safe, practice, practice, practice

:)

Nice bike, how do you like that Drummer SS exhaust?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast