Thread: XB12R Fork Wear Spot

Hey everyone, it has came, time to finally replace fork seals. I pulled it all apart, and to my dismay, I find this big wear mark where the brake line has been rubbing, I would never have seen this unless I pulled the forks. Anyone think I need to worry about it. I'm sending them out for powder in a few days. I would attach a picture, but for some reason it wont let me right now.

Is the wear mark on the sliding part, or the "frame" (sliding part is the chromed lower part)

If its on the sliding part, then you have a problem, since the wearmarks can broke the new seals. If its on the "fork frame" then its only visual problem.

There's supposed to be a piece of vinyl there to keep that from happening. Mine was peeling away so I recently replaced it.

Thats exactly where the mark is ( your picture). Its about 3/32" deep. I'm just gunna powder coat it, replace the tape and see how long she last. The later big forks seem fairly scarce on ebay. Thanks 50dro

No problem. You might want to make sure there are no sharp edges for the brake line to catch even if you have to grind/smooth it out before powder...Then cut a nice piece of vinyl to keep it from reoccurring.

You might want to reroute the brake line outside the fork tube as it is on my '09 'bolt. No issues with rubbing at all.