Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

very, very cool

Banned
    Can you show please side view picture

Cooter, Vicenzajay Thanks for your support.

TPEHAK Here's some other photos I took.

Photo Jan 01, 3 44 12 PM.jpg Photo Jan 01, 3 44 21 PM.jpg

I'll get more of a side profile when I can. Perhaps over the coming weekend. I work during the week. This time of the year, it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home.

Damn! Dont Know how I haven't seen this thread before. Excellent! Really inspiring me to freshen up my firebolt....the electrics/wiring is the only thing that really scares me.

I've run into a bit of a mental roadblock on how I want to do the airbox. So I've got that churning in the back of my mind. I purchased an EBR cover to play with for a while. Here's a test fit after some cutting and building a new bottom for it. There's still some filling on the side needed.

Photo Jan 11, 8 00 34 PM.jpg Photo Jan 11, 7 59 22 PM.jpg Photo Jan 11, 8 00 45 PM.jpg

Maybe I'll go for the Black Lightning flavor until I get the other figured out.

I can't say I'm surprised the EBR airbox fits so well. Erik has his ways! And it does look good

You could paint the inside of the clear plastics? That would leave a uniform glossy look and not have a paint ridge. You wouldn't even need to pin stripe it

I really like that idea. Never seen it before

I kicked around the idea of painting the inside of the clear cover. However there's times I like having the cover completely clear. If I paint it, there's a lot of work getting it back clear. I've also considered having a small wrap done for each side.

At the moment I'm considering building some covers that have the same shape as the EBR cover from the side and front profile. I can custom fit them to the clear cover and allow for the transparent stripe.

You could plasti-dip the inside and keep your options open.

Banned
    So how does this EBR airbox cover fit? What exactly did you do to fit it on the Buell?

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    So how does this EBR airbox cover fit? What exactly did you do to fit it on the Buell?
    I can do a write up if you guys want. However, I didn’t take pictures of every step because I wasn’t exactly sure it was all going to fit.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast