Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

Hybrid View

Many of you I'm sure have seen the thread called Firebolt Evolution regarding how my other bike has changed since it was manufactured and my period of ownership.

Last night I picked up another bike from a BuellXB,com member and brought it in this morning.

I figure a new bike should be another thread dedicated to following it through the changes it will experience during my period of ownership. I titled this thread the "First of the Last" because this bike truly is the first bike of the BuellXB's last year. It is a 2010 and the VIN ends in 00001. Enjoy the ride!

I got it all painted, reorganized my wires and buttoned her up. The fly screen is gloss black and the screw heads are phantom metallic to match the frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SEXT9; 07-19-2015 at 05:06 PM.

That's neat!

Still my favorite CR.

She's a beaut

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Still my favorite CR.

She's a beaut
    Thanks Cooter.

I have a Radiantz integrated tail light and turn signals. I wanted the same thing for the front. So, this week I built some new LED signal mirrors. This time I incorporated running lights into the mix as well.

Wow! Can't wait to see what it looks like

Banned
    Cool! But actually CR head looks way better.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Cool! But actually CR head looks way better.
    I agree with you. After trying the headlight on this bike, I decided I did not like it on there either. I didn't like the gap between the forks and headlight.

My project bike, the background bike needed a headlight. Some time ago someone on that thread mentioned using an 1190SX headlight on it. So I decided to take you guys advice and leave the CR headlight on this bike and install it over there. Here's the thread for the other bike: http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...949-XB-Fighter

I am going to install the Crystal Clear plastics. I have a clear windscreen coming. In the end I may use the Kick Ash. But it is nice to have color options.

I appreciate you guys feedback. Thanks!
    Last edited by SEXT9; 09-30-2015 at 10:57 AM.

The triple tree is back from the powder coater. Everything is installed and looks pretty good. There's still a few more things to do.

1) I still need to build the panel for the LED indicator lights. I plan to put them in the gaps between the triple tree and headlight bracket. I hope to get started this weekend.

2) I rerouted my front brake line to run behind the forks & triple trees. With the way I have everything mounted, there isn't really a route in front of the forks that looks clean. As a result my brake line is 5" shorter from 25" to 20". So I ordered a new line. I've also decided on a small, cleaner looking brake reservoir that blends in more.

The brake parts should be in around a week or 2. I'll build the indicator light panel while I wait.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 06-23-2017 at 03:23 AM.

That's one mean Cyclops with the red eye on! Damn.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast