Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

Looking back, I haven't made many mods to this bike in over a year. I've changed my plastics again back to carbon fiber, except I blacked out the carbon fiber. I used taillight tint to black out the carbon. You can't really tell it's carbon fiber unless it's in the sun. Anyway, I have the M-Lock still mounted in the same place under the air box. Since it's hidden there, I had trouble finding it. So found a Kick Ash air box cover in rough condition I had laying around. Previously, I had used it to judge clearances when I placed all of the electronics under the air box.

I installed it and at least now I could see the M-Lock. But it seemed the air box cover didn't match the bike. Not to mention it had several scratches and scrapes. So I used the same tail light tint to paint it and masked off for a stripe down the center. I also masked off a windowed area where the knees go. That turned out ok. But then it drove me crazy the fly screen on my CR headlight didn't match the air box.

That brings me to today's project. As we all know you cant buy a kick ash fly screen. So, I did the next best thing. I bought a Kick Ash 1125R windscreen. I've begun the process of integrating the 2 together. Here's a picture of the rough fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SEXT9; 07-18-2015 at 02:54 PM.

I got it all painted, reorganized my wires and buttoned her up. The fly screen is gloss black and the screw heads are phantom metallic to match the frame.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 07-19-2015 at 05:06 PM.

That's neat!

I spent some time this weekend cleaning up the wiring under the seat and air box. There was a bunch of wires attached to the positive & negative terminals of the battery. I fashioned a couple distribution blocks from battery connectors. The blocks move the wiring in the same layout as the ECM wiring. It also cleans up the top of the battery. The look is going to be important for when I get the incoming new Kick Ash air box cover installed. The only thing I really feel I have left to work on under the air box cover is centering the M-Lock sensor. I'm waiting for the air box cover before I do that. I may have the X on top of it. I want to clear the X when I give it it's permanent home.

I've had the electronics under the air box for a while now. Everything's had a chance to settle and move. I checked all of the wiring for chaffing. Luckily, I found none. I'm really happy with this setup.

I also cleaned up under the seat. I removed the battery tray. The parts sticking up on it limited the usability of the space somewhat. I love using this space. I normally carry my registration, tool kit, gloves, cell phone there. I usually have room for small things I pick up also. The little bit of space was definitely needed on this bike.

I have a few more parts coming for the bike. I'll keep the thread updated as I work on the bike..
    Last edited by SEXT9; 08-08-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Still my favorite CR.

She's a beaut

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Still my favorite CR.

She's a beaut
    Thanks Cooter.

I have a Radiantz integrated tail light and turn signals. I wanted the same thing for the front. So, this week I built some new LED signal mirrors. This time I incorporated running lights into the mix as well.

Let's see. Earlier this week I installed a Sportster loud horn kit and centered it under the wind screen. It's a little louder but not as much as I expected.

I also changed out my gray Zumo 660 to the RoadTech Zumo 660. There's not much difference except the manuals have H-D & Buell on them. And the housing is black.
    IMAG00065.jpg

And I spent most of yesterday working on the air box cover. Mine had scuffs. It was indented where the X was removed. And at on point I'd painted it. It also has broken area at the bottom left mounting area. I used lacquer thinner to remove the paint. That messed up the surface but got the paint off. Then I started wet sanding with 225 grit to even the surface and remove the X indentions.

I followed up with 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 2500 grit wet sand. The air box cover was smooth but still hazy. So I used tooth paste and headlight cleaner. The pictures show where I am today. I have some Novus coming yet.
    IMAG00068.jpg

The bike is getting ready to undergo some more plastic surgery. The custom airbox cover and front fender coming are a few pieces of the puzzle. I'll post my progress.

This is my idea of what will be an awesome weekend.

IMAG00126.jpg

My baby is getting a new outfit!

My XB currently has a CR headlight installed. I picked up a used 1190SX light one from a wreck. I thought you guys might like to see them side by side for comparison.

IMAG00127.jpgIMAG00128.jpgIMAG00129.jpgIMAG00130.jpg

Once installed I hope to show you a Buell XB12 with an EBR 1190SX headlight.

Last edited by SEXT9; 09-26-2015 at 11:16 PM.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast