Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

Good call on the name. It’s almost the same color as this. Sounds like the experience is about the same.

I have a 16 Sportster Roadster and was looking for a similar keyless setup.

So the 1190RS airbox is about done. I did a test fit.

Photo Apr 10, 6 38 23 PM.jpg Photo Apr 10, 6 38 09 PM.jpg Photo Apr 10, 6 37 58 PM.jpg Photo Apr 10, 6 38 34 PM.jpg

For some reason the 1190RS seems to mate up better. The angle for the front mounts is dead on the same as the XB. The RX/SX airbox covers have a slightly different angle. Its no big deal. It just makes me wonder.

I think the Select seat looks the best with this airbox cover. The carbon fiber is cut to a V in the center that compliments the pillion section. Of course the carbon pattern in the seat matches up. Overall I'm pretty happy with this airbox cover.

Can that bike get any better looking........

How does the air get in ?

I took some advice from a forum member and dropped a set of Ulysses rearsets on.

Photo May 05, 4 16 22 PM.jpg Photo May 05, 4 16 06 PM.jpg Photo May 05, 4 16 49 PM.jpg

I think it cleans up the rear end really nice. Overall the pegs are dropped 3" from the stock pegs. I'm looking for some standard no drop pegs to add on now.

Jeez,
    That bike looks fast standing still, nice job.

It's been a while since I replied to this thread. At the end of June last year I got around the pegs being to low by ordering some of the M-Factory 40mm adjustable pegs. The pegs I purchased for a Buell XB.

Photo May 17, 9 02 37 PM.jpgPhoto May 17, 9 03 03 PM.jpg

The peg mounts tabs are closer to each other on the Ulysses than the R/S rear sets. So I ground the new blocks down with an angle grinder until they fit smoothly. I believe it was about 2mm I had shave off.

Instead of putting them in the dropped setting I raised them. Since the Ulysses rear sets dropped 3" over a stock XB pegs. The 40mm pegs raised the pegs 1.6". So overall I wound up with a 1.4" drop where I had 1" drop pegs before.

You'll notice the rear brake lever had to be changed as well. I went to the hardware store and bought a 1" extension nut. The extension raised the lever into adjustment range.

The shifter lever needed only minor adjustment since it's mounted to the primary cover.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 05-18-2020 at 01:30 AM.

When I did the EBR headlight conversion, The stock reservoir hit the headlight. So I installed a GSXR front master cylinder with a remote reservoir setup. This left the brake and clutch levers canted at different angles when you look at the bike from the front.
    p.jpg
    So in December last year I installed a clutch perch from a CBR900RR. It also had a lever that matched one I installed a long time ago. The angles match now.

Nice! Haven't seen this bike in a long time! Great work! I didn't think it could get any better!

I always lived the uly rearsets on the other XB's. Really cleans it all up back there. EBR Headlight looks great too.

The RS is built with a different frame and geometry than the RX/SX. The rS frame is similar to the 1125 frame. Late model EBR's have a different angle to the spars. Most RS parts will directly transition to Buell Frame counterparts.

Photo May 21, 10 09 08 AM.jpg
    I spent some time updating the GPS unit maps and added a splash screen for when the unit is starting up.

I also reworked the headlight switching. I had 2 weatherproof Chrome Glow switches on either side to control the headlight and marker lights. The problem was I couldn't tell at a glance if I had the light on. So, I got rid of the side switches and blocked off the holes. Then I reworked a heated grip switch to control the lights. They are set to OFF/PARK/RUN now more like a scooter setup.

Last edited by SEXT9; 05-21-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast