Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: First of the Last

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I always thought there was only one fender? I bet Barrett knows

Such a perfect stance Sext9. I've watched you build that thing and some mods I think 'Hmmm, I don't know...', but you nail it every time! One of those was adding the Uly rearsets.
    I'm sure you find them more comfy considering your stature Are you running stock or drop pegs? Have you found any issue with cornering clearance?
    Thanks For the kind words Cooter. When I installed the Uly rear sets, it dropped the pegs about 3” from standard R/S rear sets. That was way to low. The side of my foot would touch on a mild corner. So I bought some of 40mm pegs and put put hem in the raised position. Which made them the equivant of 1.75” dropped pegs. Where they are now feels and functions great. Now i just hate the design of the pegs. They are cut so sharp I’ve actually cut my fingers putting down the passenger pegs. So I’m on the hunt for better 40mm pegs.

Great info man, thanks. Our trackday friend Mark has pegs so sharp on his R/6 he keeps tennis balls on them in the garage! Seems a little overkill to me?

Tennis balls, why didn't I think of that ! I've been putting corks from used up whine bottles on the scrapers unfortunately now I have so many corks saved up, I have to go out and buy more bikes to use them on.

So what's a good set of after market pegs to put on my Ully, anybody ?

Its about time to change the oil.

Photo Jul 07, 7 27 09 PM.jpgPhoto Jul 07, 7 27 55 PM.jpg

I picked up a reusable oil filter kit from K and P engineering. This one has the anodized finish.

In case anyone else wants one. Here's the link:
    https://guruedgear.com/k-and-p-engin...ilters-s9.html

I might get around to the oil change this weekend. The lil lady is planning a yard sale and has the bikes pinned in through the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Tennis balls, why didn't I think of that ! I've been putting corks from used up whine bottles on the scrapers unfortunately now I have so many corks saved up, I have to go out and buy more bikes to use them on.

So what's a good set of after market pegs to put on my Ully, anybody ?
    I cant help but to wonder why the Uly pegs weren't made interchangeable with the other XB's when so many of the parts are interchangeable between the Buell bikes.

I have to change the shifter side due to a mishap, I also need to change the shifter and lower bolt. Everything works but looks like crap.

I have been looking at those oil filters forever! Are they as nice as they look in pics? Looks way more bash-proof than a spin on. So much $$ though....

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I have been looking at those oil filters forever! Are they as nice as they look in pics? Looks way more bash-proof than a spin on. So much $$ though....

I wasnt excited about the price at first. Then I installed one on my Harley. These are cut from a solid piece of billet. The price seemed to make sense when I think of other parts I bought machined that way. The filtering system Is removable and has a magnet and allows you to inspect what is trapped. The seal is an X seal. When it’s worn on one side, they say you can flip it over and use the other side with no leaks. Plus they give you another one and the tool.

Considering all of that I somehow justified the price.

Just having the Y chromosome means that we can justify anything.

Let's see. Today it was installing some new pegs.

Photo Jul 25, 10 03 32 AM.jpg Photo Jul 25, 10 03 44 AM.jpg

They finally all match. Now to cleanup the mounting blocks where I had to grind them down to fit.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021