Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

Banned
    Yes we want, please do. My translucent hero blue airbox cover has cracks on the screw posts, so I'm considering new airbox. I'm not going to install Plexiglas airbox cover again since they are fragile, and I like that EBR airbox cover design.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 01-12-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Not to pop your bubble, but the EBRs covers are very thin, fragile, flexible IMO more so than the XB covers.

Banned
    What kind of plastic EBR airbox covers made of?

Very thin, fragile, flexible, LOL I have no idea. I have already had to Fiber glass the rear right tap back on. From leaning left with right knee pressure on the tank. Factory has put enforcement tape to help on the rear taps. Thats why I have 3 tank covers already from LAP, and I like different colors to match my fanny packs. LOL

tank02.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 01-12-2018 at 06:58 PM.

"Lets see your fanny pack" thread is next! lol

I agree the translucent covers are more brittle, but I believe the EBR and Buell plastic is the same type of plastic otherwise (Edit to clarify but thinner. Hard to tell any difference side by side.

Test fit, trim, test fit, is pretty straight forward Thanks Sext9 but I don't think a step-by-step is needed. How long did it take to get those clear plastics? From Vietnam, right?
    Last edited by Cooter; 01-13-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    "Lets see your fanny pack" thread is next! lol

I agree the translucent covers are more brittle, but I believe the EBR and Buell plastic is the same otherwise. Hard to tell any difference side by side.

Test fit, trim, test fit, is pretty straight forward Thanks Sext9 but I don't think a step-by-step is needed. How long did it take to get those clear plastics? From Vietnam, right?
    fanny pack01.jpg

This is so funny ! Matching fanny packs, from, ..................... You guessed it, California ��.

Hey, what happened to my smiley emoji ?

Truth be told ( my tiger is green, my fanny pack is,..................yep, you got it, Green !

Hey, does my fanny pack make my rear look big ?
    Last edited by njloco; 01-13-2018 at 12:31 AM.

When I bought this one, I was hoping it was a HotBodies part. Those are made from fiberglass. I figured it would be easier to shape. What I ended up with was a standard EBR cover. The EBR is a lot thinner plastic than the Buell. It's seems like it's about 1/3 the thickness. I'll do a little write-up tomorrow on it's own thread. Thanks for the interest guys.

Cooter on the clear plastics, I got them from overseas. I have the contact information if any of are interested. I'm just not sure if those guys are still making them.

If you could please? I know theres a really old thread on here about them and last I heard (years ago) they still made them.

It's such an original look and it shows that the 'tank' isn't a 'tank' and trips out the same people who say your headlights out

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If you could please? I know theres a really old thread on here about them and last I heard (years ago) they still made them.

It's such an original look and it shows that the 'tank' isn't a 'tank' and trips out the same people who say your headlights out
    Look up Aunchalee Pak out of Bankok Thailand. He's on the Facebook BuellXB.com group

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast