Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

In the last month I've plasti-dip clear coated my decaled white plastics. The plasti-dip coating provided that matte finish that helps reduce reflections for easier scanning.

The exciting part is the plasti-dip can be peeled off as well as the decals. I can have a whole new theme next season with minimal cost next year.

It's official, my bike will change color more than my wife's hair.

How hard was it to put the cr face on?
    Installing the CR face on a Lightning isn't to terrible. The fuse box location on a Firebolt makes wiring rough since there not much space behind the headlight.

On either bike you will also have to figure out what to do with the ignition switch and gauge mounting. In my case I experimented with and created a new gauge setup. I also use a Motogadget keyless ignition. You can read about the build up HERE!

What tail end is that?

What swing arm are you running?

What tail end is that?
    It is an S tail with a carbon fiber seat cowl I picked up off of eBay and painted

What swing arm are you running?
    The swingram is from an 09 SS. The shock mount was modified. It was undercoated to give it similar texture to the frame. Then it was sprayed in phantom black to make it match in color.

I may have missed it....but where does the QR code take you to if you scan it?

very nice work SEXT9
    diggin your XB/CR look (tho I would lose the passenger pegs)
    :)

That thing is SWEEEEET. Quality work. Thanks for sharing.

I may have missed it....but where does the QR code take you to if you scan it?
    Good question. Where it goes changes frequently. It was going to this page. As of today it is going to my employer's website since I rode the bike to work and my boss was interested in the project. During the relay for life over this weekend it will take you to an American Cancer Society webpage dedicated to making a donation. Long story short, I can point the URL the QR code contains to any webpage.

If you'd like to see where it goes, here's the QR code plastered on the bike. You're welcome to scan it anytime. Eventually it will go to a mobile website I'm working on. The mobile website will be dedicated to the bike and the locations it will appear at.

very nice work SEXT9
    diggin your XB/CR look (tho I would lose the passenger pegs)
    Thanks! I would lose the pegs. But, my wife likes to ride with me. I swap out to a Select seat for 2up riding. I know taking off an reinstalling the passenger pegs doesn't take long. It just kills the mood of being able to go anytime for her when I do it.

Very cool idea. I really dig the creativity with the QR code - plus it looks sick. Rep!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast