Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

Very cool idea. I really dig the creativity with the QR code - plus it looks sick. Rep!
    Thanks. It's kinda neat watching people walk up to the bike and take pictures or try and scan the code. It's really funny to see people in the back seat of cars or vans trying to scan a moving target.

Thanks! I would lose the pegs. But, my wife likes to ride with me. I swap out to a Select seat for 2up riding. I know taking off an reinstalling the passenger pegs doesn't take long. It just kills the mood of being able to go anytime for her when I do it.
    gotcha
    the bromance that BamBam and I share my wife understands
    lol
    she knows we'll be getting saddle time together when I get an adventure touring off road horse.

ride safe
    +1 for creativity and a sick looking ride

Very nice! Feel free to direct the code to www.5-0dro.com as often as you like! :p

Very nice! Feel free to direct the code to www.5-0dro.com as often as you like! :p

Did I read in there that all of that is plasti-dip? I have plasti-dipped my truck rims and bumpers. Holding up really well.

I would be skeptical of doing the majority of the bike in Plasti-Dip - but yours looks like it's working, yes?

The entire bike isn't plasti-dipped. Only the parts in white are plasti-dipped. That would be the front fender, airbox cover, flyscreen, both side scoops and the pillion cover. The rest of the bike appears to have come from the factory with a textured matte finish that matches up well with the plasti-dip finish.

I installed a 06 Yamaha R6 throttle sleeve tonight. It has a larger cam to get to Wide Open Throttle quicker. It was relatively simple but a tedious mod.

Here's the method I used.

The throttle sleeve is part # 2C0-26240-00-00

Even though I have been collecting parts for changes, I haven't done anything new so far for July. Really, I've just been enjoying riding the bike. I've been riding back and forth to work the last couple of days. That is an hour each way. With a helmet and armored jacket at 95 degrees outside, it's hot for sure.

It's been interesting at work with the bike parked out front. There's been some picture takers and people are coming in to ask if I will sell it. My co-workers are amused at the activity. I didn't realize how many Buell fans there are.

Probably one of the nicest Xb's I've seen. Really like what you did. +1

The entire bike isn't plasti-dipped.Â* Only the parts in white are plasti-dipped.
    That's my bad, I should have been more clear.

How have the PLASTICS held up with plasti-dip - and for how long? I will be temped to try this on my bike when I get it. Interested in the process you went through - It looks really, really nice.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast