Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

I finished up the Brembo Hidden Rear Master Cylinder mod tonight.

Before:

After:

With this and the Brembo hidden rear caliper mod, the rear brake system is pretty well hidden and all one name brand now.

Here's the link:
    Brembo Hidden Rear Master Cylinder

Sick. My dream bike.
    Since we have the same taste in motorcycles AND mods... any pics of the wife?

:D

Sick. My dream bike.
    Since we have the same taste in motorcycles AND mods... any pics of the wife
    Thanks Cooter. I'll have to snap a pic of her and post it.

Ok...I've been asked for some pics of my airbox delete. In uncovering it, I realized I want to make some changes there. Here's a picture of my current setup:

I want a cleaner look. So that means some things must go.
    1) I chopped up the base last year sometime. It looks like it could use some smoothing out.
    2) The exhaust actuator is non-functional with the race pipe and EBR ecm. It's only purpose is to support the M-Lock unit. It should go away along with the wiring for it.
    3) I'll reroute some hoses.

Awesome. I'm gona be watching. Thanks for the in depth look

U can get an older 9 cover and hack it up.

Btw that hidden mc I might barrow that idea.:D

Hey Jack. I hope you do use the master cylinder idea. I'm even considering printing caps to cover the KTM initials and donating them to anyone who does the master cylinder swap.

I was just thinking about that air box. I might make a pocket in it for the M-Lock. I put an offer in on one on eBay. We'll see how that goes.

I was also thinking Buell owners have a missed opportunity here with the 03 air box. Our bikes are special in that they have a transparent air box cover available. And look at the space under the 03 lid. If it was super-imposed over the newer cover. Digital gauges and indicators could be mounted in it and eliminate the gauge cluster on the handlebars.

I realize that setup isn't as handy for riding. You could also use one of these while riding! When they build it, you can bet I'm buying one.

That's just like a fighter helmet. Lol I'll be goose and u can be maverick!

Just came across this. Looks like it just mounts up to the existing mc.

Where do you get that piece? That should probably be posted on the hidden master cylinder thread as well.

Before:

After:

Ok thanks to ...Got Jack 7 for the airbox idea. The open airbox area looks a little cleaner. I ended up purchasing an 03 airbox an trimming out a cap to fit on top of and inside my air cleaner cap. This way I keep the airflow nozzle inside.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast