Thread: wont start

started then transported and wont start I charged the battery and when I try to start it, a poping sound comes out of the exaust like its starting then sqeaks and wont start. it does turn over just wont fire up. I tightened the carburetor boot and changed the oil. im new to this and need some help any solutions are greatly appreciated.

anyone...... I realy need help on this one. its not squeaking anymore and it doesn't even pop. it just turns over. don't smell any thing out of exhaust. I charged the battery. and I checked the carb boot no cracks I still have the carb off is there anything I should check before I put it back on

boot is hard to check if it's torn. people will generally advice you to replace it even if it's visibly ok.

make sure your carb is not blocked.
    If you can get a can of compressed air, blow into each hole and make sure they are not blocked.
    make sure idle jet is not blocked. meaning you can see through it when you look at it perpendicularly. mine had it blocked and I had similar problem as yours.
    If you are not sure about compressed air, some people suggested me to use carb cleaning solution from auto parts and soak the carb in it to get it cleaned.

ok so I guess I will change the boot and what holes are yo talking about on the carb? im new to this and still learning whats what.

what he is suggesting is to take the carb off and check the jets, in the bottom section of the carb. if you plan to try this, i recommend searching youtube for "buell blast carb" or "cv40 carb" and watch how to take it apart.
    if you do take it apart, be cautious with the screws as they strip easily, do NOT touch the float, and make sure every peice in the carb goes back in the exact way it came out or you will have a whole mess of issues down the road.