Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: bike wont start cant figure out why?

every one is saying you have to drill out the timing cover, but I just pop mine off with a small flat head. its plastic and bendy so it just bent and popped off. and in your video you didn't lift the rear wheel or put it in fifth gear or anything. is that on a different bike you do that? not on blast?

so I got my timing cover off, put my line at tdc, and the lights not on. the ignition module wont even move. I checked my battery and it was 12.3 so I put it on the charger. would a low battery cause the light not to come on? why wont the igniton module move?

I figured out how to get it to move, you just loosen the screws! but no matter how little or much I turn it the light doesn't come on at all.

every one is saying you have to drill out the timing cover, but I just pop mine off with a small flat head. its plastic and bendy so it just bent and popped off. and in your video you didn't lift the rear wheel or put it in fifth gear or anything. is that on a different bike you do that? not on blast?
    You don't have to drill it, just get it out with whatever method.

I don't lift the rear wheel in my video because I already had it in gear and just push the bike back and forth to get the line to line up.

Turn the engine over 360 degrees, you're likely at TDC on the exhaust stroke instead of TDC on the compression stroke.

is the compression stroke with the line, and the exhaust with the dots? im using the line. I read in a post that there are 2 dots, then there is a line. maybe that's on a different bike because im not seeing 2 dots.

ok so I rotated the wheel 360 and still nothing. then I rotated it 180 and nothing. is my ignition module bad?

just watched a youtube video of howe to bypass the side stand switch. easy!

ok so I rotated the wheel 360 and still nothing. then I rotated it 180 and nothing. is my ignition module bad?
    Not the wheel, rotate the crankshaft 360* so the line re-appears in the middle of the window.

wouldn't rotating the wheel do that? if not how do I rotate the crankshaft?

He's trying to say that one full rotation of the back wheel is several rotations of the crankshaft... You only wanted to rotate the crankshaft a full turn, not the back wheel...

Think about it like this... Starting from the intake stroke of your motor, the crankshaft rotates 180 degrees to make it to the compression stroke, then the power stroke pushes it another 180 degrees to the exhaust stroke, then it's another 180 degrees back to the beginning of the intake stroke again...

Basically that's two 360 degree rotations of your crankshaft for four cycles in the engine.... Only ONE of these 360 degree turns needs to be timed for the spark plug to fire.... That would be TDC of the compression stroke... Jetlee was saying you were probably trying to time the motor when it was at TDC for the exhaust stroke.... That was the next 360 degree turn of the crankshaft... He was suggesting that you turn the crankshaft over again to get it on the correct cycle of the engine...

Make sense??... =)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast