Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: bike wont start cant figure out why?

Ok thanks for the reply. I'm gonna put new gas in it tonight and see if that works. Also I had gaped the plug at 45mm and it's supposed to be from 38 to 43 according to my research. So I put it at about 39 or 40 and clean it. It had gas on it and it was black.

Keep a few spare spark plugs handy until you get it running right ... I always keep a few select parts handy for each of my bikes ... Oil, oil filters, spark plugs, clutch cables, master links (for the ones with chains), and headlights ...

Always a good idea to check every spark plug before installation, I know I do as it only takes about 3 seconds to do ... I have a spark plug gapper (one of the little disk shaped ones) in my toolbox ... It's not as accurate as a micrometer or feeler gauge by any means, but it's close enough for my use ...

Your gas should be clear as possible for the Blast. Run as high octane as you can find at the pumps. The Blast piston/head combo does not run very well with low octane fuel.

After reading that, I defer to Jetlee's advice on this one regarding the gas octane ... He actually HAS a blast and can give first-hand info vs my info which usually comes from information seaches and recalling older thread discussions ... In other words, my advice should be taken second to his as I have a few 4 cylinder bikes and an XB ...

Ok. I have a gap checker (the disc kind) on my keys, everywhere I look the spark plug is like 10 bucks. That's expensive for a regular spark plug. And I think the Kroger station has 91 or 93 octane.

Sounds Like An Iridium Plug ...

$10 expensive? My Blast plug was $35 (Denso Iridium Racing) and the only plugs available for my car are $14/ea and I require 4 every oil change.

$10 is not expensive, dude.

Negative, thanks for the compliments. I'm merely a guy that's been there and done that. ;)

NGK offers standard copper tipped plugs for my xb for about $4 a plug... The next step up plugs are about $9 a piece... The premium plugs are about $17 a piece at my local advance auto parts warehouse... (these prices are with a military discount)...

Every post I see dealing with ANYthing blast related you are on it like white on rice jetlee.. And your answers are very detailed and informed... My compliments are the truth man.... I'm only offering general suggestions and advice on a bike that's merely similar in certain ways to mine... You sound like you've built one of these bikes from scratch!! ... Lol

well I don't want a racing plug. Harleys site has it for $5 with free shipping. anyway I don't need a plug I need new gas. turns out I didn't have time to get the gas last night so ill have to try today.

You sound like you've built one of these bikes from scratch!! ... Lol
    Close, lol.

well I don't want a racing plug.
    Yes you do, you just don't know you want it, yet. If you ever get one in the future, you will be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing it now.

I've ran Rat Blastard soo rich that you couldn't come off idle without stuttering from being flooded. Rode it a few days like that, just didn't feel like messing with the jets at the time. Pulled the plug later for other reasons, looked nice an tan like a normal plug.

The Racing Iridium is very foul-resistant like you can't imagine. Just be sure to never gap it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast