Thread: What to look for in a used xb12Ss

Howdy!

Saturday I will be looking at and hopfully buying a 2009 xb12Ss with 7500 mies.

I have not seen it in person yet, since it is 3 hours away, but I have gotten many photos and am waiting on a walk around video and a running video. It has heated grips, jardine exhaust and the jardine programme, buell travel packs. Wondering if there are specific things to look at which would be a key indicator as to walk away?

I have owned bikes for about 6 years, but never a Buell, and I am pretty pumped and hope it works out!

I made a similar post yesterday. Some people were kind enough to point out some things to look at and also link to a previous buyers guide made about a year ago. Here's the link to the thread.
    Buyers Guide?

The most costly things will be internal so if you test ride it look out for the tune...is it rich or lean...rich is way better. Other expensive fixes can be bent forks, wheels, handlebars. Rust on the exhaust and bolts tells you if it's been stored outside. If you test ride it make sure you run through all revs to check the tune. I also recommend letting it idle till the fan kicks on as it'll tell you if it working. Check all lights. If he'll pull the seat check out the wiring...is it ****ty or clean.

Just pay attention and take your time. Look at it and think about what you see and what that could be a sign of. If nothing else it can play a major role in price negotiations.

Ken

It has heated grips
    I certainly wouldnt base a buying decision on whether it has heated grips or not, but I will vouch for heated grips as one of the best mods you can make to any bike.
    For years I 'winterized' my bikes because of cold temperatures. Not any more!
    Heated grips have given me a year-round riding season up here in Canada.

Thanks for the input so far!

Also, he is meeting me half way (3 hour drive for both of us). That gives me a little better feeling which suggests he is confident in his bike. I would think that if he wasn't, he wouldn't want to go far in chances he would have to bring it back home.