Thread: WTB xb9 stator and voltage regulator

like the title says. mine is an 05 but shouldnt matter. not sure if xb12 stuff will work or not. pm me thanks

I suppose it doesnt hurt to ask on here or other forums for good buddy deals, but when it comes to the charging system, you get what you pay for used, I recently turned down some used charging system parts that were used. I thought the prices were high, and would only entertain it if they were cheap enough that if they didnt work i wasnt out a lot of cash, keep in mind factor in your time and labor for a used part. plus what if the part caused another problem?
    Nothing wrong with used stuff, I mostly have old vintage bikes and i buy stuff all the time for my projects and basket cases, but I very carefully weigh the options on used parts vs new.
    Last night i was searching for some stuff on feebay and saw some deals for a package of all new charging system parts, Rotor, stator, reg/rect for pretty cheap. Conversely,, I also looked at a Sportster XL only vendor catalog and was shocked at the prices for many items, very high,. So it pays to shop around.
    Anymore, I tend to buy stuff on feebay that is no longer availible new, and if i see an item that is New,, I look for the same item on Amazon instead as I would rather deal direct with merchants than thru Feebay.
    So my point here is. On electrical items, particularily charging system parts. You might want to shop for the best deal on new stuff. just saying.......

my stuff is good i just mixed the wires up while i was re wiring it. ill take a junk stator too