Thread: X1 Racing Stripe

Hey Everyone,

New to the forum, excited to learn some more than the basics about my bike. I picked up a 2000 X1 racing stripe (#230) two years ago and absolutely love the bike. I got it at 2,500 miles, and its at 6K now

One thing I've noticed is a hesitation and a snuffing sound at low RPM <3000 and heavy throttle with heavier load. I'm just wondering if that's the nature of the beast or if maybe it's running a bit off.

I want to keep the bike stock but I am interested in the Race tune if it gives a noticeable difference! (anyone point me in the right direction?)

Thanks!

Im interested to learn more about the X1 systems as well as Im looking at that style of intake for a custom project,

So, i cant directly answer your question, but more helpful would be to know for example your area, elevation, type of fuel, condition and type of plugs you are running, have you checked the basics like Spark plug wires, intake air fliter, fuel filter, any modifications such as intake, exhaust?

All of those can be a factor. here in my area, (Oregon) they heavily oxygenate the fuels, and we are in the midst of a switch from winter formula to summer formula which has resulted in high fuel prices recently (dont ask me why if they dump alcohol in my gas why i have to pay more). that alcohol is really hard on the bikes fuel systems and can have an effect. Try also running a bottle of Chevron Techron in it as well One of the few miracles in a bottle that actually work. Some like Seafoam, but find the full strength Techron, not the discounted watered down stuff. does a great job cleaning the system and helping smegma filled injectors.

probably best if you have it hooked up to a tuning system and have a look see, dunno if ECM Spy works on that. Im learning this stuff as we speak as well, Im told by experts in this area that you should consider an upgraded O2 wide band sensor, gives far more information.

spend some time researching the tuning, even if you pay someone to do it, at least you can intelligently assess whats being done.

Thanks for the reply!

I run at altitudes around 1000 feet, run 91/93 Octane, Plugs may be old, I've never touched them (probably a good idea), never checked air filter or fuel filter. As I understand it, the bike is stock, which for this model includes an aftermarket exhaust, no modifications beyond that.

I would be interested in getting some logged data while running and viewing that (I have some experience tuning). Anyone on the site have suggestions on wide bands to buy? And will the ECM Spy technique work on the X1s?

Mine runs like a dog at 3k also. Learned to hold on tighter until i stop being lazy and get ecm spy. From what i learned all you may need is a tps reset. Either way its a good idea to get a cable.