Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hockey players...

Well as some may be able to tell im a NJ Devils fan and a huge hockey fan. I used to play roller hockey in elementry and middle school and just this year started back up playing at a local park. A couple weeks ago a couple friends invited me to play open ice hockey and being my first time on ice I loved it after continuously falling and not knowing what im doing haha. Long story short, I just bought gear and am starting to play on my own at local rinks when I can and am wondering if there are any other players in my area or even on the forum in general.

I used to play roller hockey 15 years ago, pick up games tho, no league. Wish i could get back into it but I need to drop at least 50lbs first. Go PENS!

Welcome to my other addiction! i have been playing ice hockey for about 5 years now. I play goalie so i have more invested in my equipment than my Buell. But it is a freaking blast.

if you cant tell from my jersey im a pens fan ;)

I too started on inlines as a kid and picked up ice in college intramurals and pe. The ice is awesome. Go Wings! (i dont want to hear about last night either)

I love hockey, Played as a kid but that was it. I'm another pens fan :) Although with the recent strikes over the past seasons, I've been drifting away from the NHL and towards the other leagues such as the ECHL.

Well man I thought we were all friends here..... didn't know I had interstate enemies..... lmao

I played floor hockey as a kid through high school..... always roller bladed.....

About two years ago we went to see my nephews play soccer at the local sports and fitness place..... low and behold they had two ice rinks!!!!! Started taking ice lessons and picked it up pretty quick ..... my last job I had worked well cause I could be on the ice 4 to 5 times a week for about an hour..... they also have a program once a week like a hockey lesson for all ages over 18.... 3 hrs a night for 3 months cost $300 bucks but its worth it cause I'm not good enough to play on a team I just like living my dream and dressing up as my favorite players.....

Since getting my new supervisors job I don't have the time to train.... its a good work out skating I lost 40 lbs doing it..... my $1000 worth of equipment sits in my bag in the garage but I still take the kids skating every once and awhile......

So here it is penguins fans.......

LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!

Here's me warming up one night before a pick up game..... dressed in the same exact clothes the pros wear

^ You certainly look the part!

I'd be careful who you call "pros"....

:D

Lol sursnak they sure left me down this year..... although being a supervisor comes with perks my weld supplier has a luxury box down there and me and my wife went to 4 games in that box and 3 games on my own and we won all the games I went to this year so that made me happy..... she got to see briere play at home for the last time before he gets traded.....

Here's my gear .... adds up quick....

I have played hockey since I was 8yrs old, 53 now and still play in an 18yr and older league once a week in Hudson NH (played last night..) both sons played in High School and one played club in college. Love it! Go Bruins.. Nice win last night over the Rangers.....:)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast