Thread: Wireless ECMSpy - $149.00 !!!!!!

Mike (xopti) and I have just completed successful testing of the BlueTooth Wireless ECMSpy cable!

We are now ready to take pre-orders!

The BT module is about the size of a pack of gum, and plugs directly into your ECM harness. You can leave it plugged in under your seat or behind the cowl, and completely forget about it!

All you have to do is pull into your garage or pit area, click "Connect" with a BlueTooth-enabled laptop, desktop, or Palm, and you're ready to tune your bike!

If you have a BlueTooth-enabled computer with an internet connection, Mike can actually tune your bike from anywhere in the world! (I live in Washington, DC, and he just tuned my bike from Florida!)

No more sending fuel maps or EEPROM's back and forth, taking days/weeks to get your bike tuned. He did mine start-to-finish in about 30 minutes! All I had to do was sit back, drink a beer, and watch Mike work his magic on the computer screen! (VERY cool to watch!)

If you're holding out for the WiFi or Long-Range (up to a mile!) version, we'll give a discount on those to anyone who buys the BlueTooth now and wants to upgrade later.

We're working on modules for other makes/models too, so stay tuned! Pics and details to come soon!

If you're interested, PM/email me or Mike. We just need 10 orders to get the ball rolling!

-Tim

Pretty bad ass dude. I'm looking at getting a smart phone soon and I was wondering what I would need to make sure it would work with it. Obviously it needs bluetooth, I assume it would need to be a windows based OS so that I can load the program on my phone. Anything else that I'm missing?

If you want to use your phone to program the ECM, you'll have to have a Palm with Bluetooth. They haven't made an ECMSpy for PocketPC. BUT...

If you have a service plan that lets you use your phone as a modem for your laptop, you can use the BlueTooth to connect to your bike, attach your cell phone to the laptop for the internet connection, then stick it all in a backpack and Mike can tune while you ride.

This is actually what I did for the testing. Used my phone to get online with the laptop, connected to the bike with BlueTooth, then had Mike remote-login to my machine and run ECMSpy as if he were sitting there with me.

I have Sprint, and you can do the Cell-phone modem without any extra fees using many of thier phones, as long as you have a Vision plan. Fairly high-speed too, I get about 800-900 kbps... Comparable to DSL. Not bad for free internet everywhere I go.

-Tim

sounds really sweet...never had my bike tuned by xopti but i really want to and this seems like its the way in for him to easily tune my bike. looks like ill be forking out some money

So do you have to charge the battery of this BT device or is power supplied over the cable?

So they make the ECMspy program for palm and it says it's in German. Does that mean the program is in German or just the page to download it is?

Does this also mean that the Palm Treo will support this program? I'm not real great with computers so I have to ask a lot of dumb questions.

It draws power through the ECM plug. Installation takes 5 seconds, and there's zero maintenance.

You can reserve yours from the first batch at xopti's site:
    www.xoptiinside.com

I haven't used the Palm version, but I believe it is in English and the download page is German. I'm pretty sure I've seen screenshots, and don't remember anything funky about them.

Maybe look through the users manual?

There is also a Palm Emulator for the PocketPC, which lets you run Palm programs. Not sure if that will work, but worth looking into.

This is such a great thing. I will be saving up for this. And then me and Mike will become good buddies!:D

Thanks guys for always trying to make something good, something great.