Thread: Fuel filter/screen help

Got this fuel screen from ASB, which is listed as the correct one for the '09 xb fuel pump:

This is the screen that came out of my 09xb12Ss fuel pump:

The one from ASB does not fit at all, it sounds like the pump got updated but I can't find the correct filter anywhere...can anyone help?
    Thanks!

Well this is probably little help but may provide you with SOME info. This is all based off my 2005 buell, and the screen you bought looks like it'd fit my oem 2005 pump.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...cement-from-HD

Yeah it does look like it'll fit yours.

Doing a little more digging, the screen on ASB's page has a title that says it fits the 03-09 xb's, but then when you click on it the description says 03-07 xb's, not 08 and later...where the heck do I get a screen for an '09???

why exactly do you want one? JW? you could do what I did in my thread and get a new pump, screen, and filter for a little over $100...

It's been 33.5k miles without being changed, seemed like it should be due...really don't want a whole new fuel pump just to replace a $7 screen...

I completely understand. Mine at 12k miles looked 2 or 3 times dirtier than yours, just FYI. Hopefully you can find the part you need...

I had a look in the 09 parts catalog and it shows the filter but lists no part number.

Try and PM Rays he seems to be very knowledgeable on fuel pumps http://www.buellxb.com/index.php?a=member&m=5820

snrus - that's actually not my filter, just an identical picture I snagged to help illustrate my dilemma...mine looks dirtier than that one... :/

stellio - I found the part number, but it's a discontinued HD part now. It looks like it'll be pretty much impossible to find one of those filters unless I happen across someone who stashed a bundle of them away years ago and is still sitting on them...

I guess I'm just going to put in a whole new fuel pump. Everything is already out, the tubes and filters look like crap, and I was having a very slight feeling of some sort of restriction at highway speeds (reason I decided to swap the filters in the first place)...probably overkill, but it'll give me some peace of mind...

Can you post up the part# so I can call my local dealer here in Sydney to see if they have any in stock.