Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Start

Hello,

I just bought my first Buell a 06' XB12x. It started fine in the warm dealer bay. However it road in sub zero temps for 12 hrs and is now in my unheated garage. It turns over and sputters and it will not come close to starting? Should I warm it up for a day or so? Is this normal? Thanks for any advice!

Maybe you could try setting a space heater near it to heat it up, or even a hair dryer. Just experiment and see if warming it up before you start it helps any

get a battery tender...it's highly likely your battery is near its end.

Mine did the same thing on its way home from Wisconsin. It's amazing how cold will suck the life out of a battery. Like fox said, charge the battery, it will be just ducky.

Your not from ND are you?

THANKS for the info I use to ride a KLR. I'm from Toledo Ohio but I bought the bike in Minn. needless to say I did get a good deal. I'll charge the battery then put it on a trickle charge. Thanks again.

Might also take the battery out to Autozone and have them test it under load to see if it's completely dead or not. I also hear they'll trickle charge for free.

Also, you need to get you another set of plugs while you're at it 'cause you probably fouled them while trying to start it. These bikes can foul fairly easy sometimes. Recommend NGK Iridiums.

Check out Lefox's do's & don'ts for winter storage, good info. Wintertime Do's & Don'ts

Well, I pulled the battery and it was marked Aug. 2005. I just bought a new one. I haven't charged it yet, does anyone know how many cold cranking amps this bike draws.

Not sure exactly what the bike "pulls", but the stock specs call for 200 CCA.

Ok thanks, maybe last question? Whats the spark gap to be set at? Yes I don't have a service manual yet. Shame on me. Thanks

At the top of this page, click the "Buell Service Manuals" link under the main logo. Towards the bottom you'll find downloads for an '03 or '05 Firebolt service manual.

I personally have an '04 XB12S service manual download. If you'd prefer it, post up your e-mail address and I'll get it to you. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast