Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: random sputter, check engine light, weird idle

I had Harley do it, the flushed all the lines and cleaned the tank...I had put new gas in but it was emptying the tank and cleaning it that made it run ok..I don't actually know about the fuel filter change DIY..but hope it works for ya, good luck!

ya i wont go to harley. im sure flushing the fuel tank and cleaning it shouldnt be that difficult.

Yeah..and I'm not 100% sure it'll solve ur problem, someone on here might have better advice. All I know is it made a difference in my bike...but I had just bought it and the previous owner let it sit forever with that gas in it

ya ive been riding mine for weeks now. ts just started this issuee. soi assume the filter is dirty or something with the fuel line. idk though

Could be electrical for all I know. Lol

When you did a tps reset did you reset your afv to?

I don't remember anything about the afv. my friend tuned it cause I never used the program before. I'll have to ask him. By not resetting the afv will it cause things to intermittingly act up or would it always be an issue. What exactly is the afv?

Sometimes you can you can run a race can and hi-flo without a tuner. Or even a race-can alone. With race maps u need a hi-flo, race-can and good plugs. Dont forget that eventually someone (you possibly) will need the right cams to equal out all the extra horsepower to. With race maps, race-cans, hi-flo's and race plugs your always dealing with lean/rich fuel issues.

Well I got the k&n air filter on the way. Are you suggesting since I don't have the hi Flo air filter installed that it would cause the bike to idle low then rise up and then drop again at idle?

Without the hi-flo its possible. Ur race can is pulling exhaust out faster. The race maps are fueling different fuel/air values. A stock air filter would not allow the correct air flow to compensate for the fuel ratios. A hi-flo would allow the air needed for the ecm to find the right air/fuel ratios for operation. A hi-flo and race can is a better option for a stock ecm, but still would run lean in the long run. Hi-flo, race can, tuner would be optimal for high-performance and would need a cam selection down the road.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast