Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: random sputter, check engine light, weird idle

Jardine exhaust, race maps. Friend tuned it. Ran fine for awhile with light popping while engine braking but nothing major. Now while riding it has a random sputter and the check engine light comes on and then goes off after a minute. Also when starting it seems like it idles fine then suddenly drops down low. From 1100 rpm down to 650 ish. Then goes back up to 1100. Any ideas.

I run my Jardine with stock maps fine..I would load stock maps and then reset TPS..unless ur set on race maps, I don't mind my popping too much

Hope you get it fixed, good luck!

I don't mind the popping either. Its the sputtering and engine light. I had the stock maps on and reset the tps and it was running rough. Flashed race maps and reset tps and it seemed to run better. Logged a good ride and made some adjustments. Ran good for awhile and now started doing this.

Did you do a tps reset after you loaded race maps and was engine at operating temp with cold start enrichment at 100 or below?

Yes engine was ay temp and enrichment was set at 100. Just rode around town and besides the random sputter it did ok except when at idle. When at idle for more then 30 seconds and it drops. Then raises then 30 seconds or sp later ot drops again. Then it stalled.

I was thinking maybe fuel filter?

Pry fuel^^ I had my gas tank flushed because it was killing the engine and fouling plugs..drain your gas..change ur filter, and new plugs. Stock maps, reset tps, and set correctly. That's what I just paid Harley to do for $200 lol learned my lesson

Could you hear fuel pump running ? What year bike and model

Yeah my fuel pump would turn over, it just couldn't keep running. It is a 2004 xb12s

Yes I hear fuel pump running. Plugs are new and gas is fresh. Always 93 octane or when possible I run non ethanol gas from a local supplier. Its a 2003 xb9s. Jardine exhaust. Stock maps ram poorly but I guess I could try it again.. I don't have the cable yet I was using a friends. Maybe he could help this week. Where can I get the fuel filter for the bike and is it hard to change?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast