Thread: Had an interesting day

So I woke up and checked a FB page I belong to which is for local riders, with hopes somebody would be riding. Well a guy named Larry posted up saying he would be out riding today on his FZ1, his buddy would be on a 1098, and his wife was on a cruiser. I decided to show up without knowing anything else about Larry. I arrived at the meeting point first, I was excited to meet some new friends and have a "spirited" ride with these guys on their sport bikes.
    Well when they showed up and pulled off their helmets these guys were every bit of 65 years old. I was a bit put out due to thinking it would turn out to be a slow paced ride since they were older.
    Next Larry said his wife would be leading the first part of the ride on her cruiser, which to me sounded like it would be even slower paced.
    Well the ride started and that little old lady on her cruiser set a pretty quick pace!, she was passing groups of Harley's left and right. Later on that day the other guy on the Ducati headed home after lunch, and Larry asked if I wanted to take a certain road home. It was a road I'm familiar with, and is very curvy and twist! I was offered to lead but declined due to being on my new bike which I'm still getting used to. And I was unsure how fast this older guy actually wanted to go down the road.
    Well the two of us took off leaving his wife behind, and to my surprise that old man made me look like a punk! He was tearing it up on that FZ1!!!!! He had me pushing the envelope on my Daytona, and was still loosing me slowly! I wasn't far behind him, but I could defiantly tell he was a skilled rider! At the end of the road we were both laughing and had a blast!!!

Lesson of the day: don't judge a book by its cover!

If I was on my buell he would have defiantly left me behind. Overall I'm very very pleased with how the triumph handles and how stable it is while cornering! I thought my buell held a line well, but I feel just as comfortable on this new bike it seems! It does not have near as much tourqe coming out of corners as the buell, but it has six gears and revs a lot higher!!!

Don't worry I'm keeping both bikes for the time being!

Why would he have left you behind on a Buell?

he would be the one trying to keep up with you in the corners if you were riding your Buell:p

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill....

My Buell would have taken him with ease.
    I mean its all the motorcycle doing the work.

My buell needs some new shoes, i have a rear tire sitting in my room waiting to be put on, but I'm waiting for a rainy day to take the rim off the bike.

Along with the fact I probably wouldn't have pushed my buell that hard.

Wisdom and treachery will always overcome youth and skill....
    fixed

hehe

Jb