Thread: Wheel Options

I was taking some pictures of my bike fully assembled and I noticed my wheels had a few nicks them i was thinking about getting them powder coated. I was wondering if anybody else had any suggestions that won't break the bank

I bet you could get them strpped and powder coated for about 200 a wheel...any color you like also which is nice. I'd call around where you live and just get prices. I was quoted 200 each here in Tri-Cities, WA.

You could get them stripped and anodized. They are heavily alloyed aluminum, so colors might be limited, but this would definitely cost less than $400 for both. Anodizing results in a very unique and vibrant finish when done right, it is also guaranteed that it will be perfectly evenly coated. The common royal blue anodize is very much like the new color of you bike, though i would ask for samples first if you try to match the same colors, it gets awkward looking when they are close, but not right on.

You can also just get them painted. That would be the cheapest, though not the most durable.

I had mine done in black but mine were a bit easier since they were the bare aluminum (03 xb9r). I had mine done in black. Think I paid about $150 or less for each.

We strip and powdercoat Buell wheels for $125/ ea for a standard color. (Black, red, silver, etc.) Transluscent colors go for $165/ea.

Pete
    grandstanddesigns.com