Thread: Someone please double check me...

I finally got my mods done. (Airbox delete/gutted muffler) Since I can't datalog until I get my laptop back.... I downloaded a Race Map. I've read in multiple places to just copy the fuel maps over to my stock ECM.

As I understand it, the lower the number on the fuel tables, the leaner the mix. The Tuning Guide says to never take fuel away unless you really know what you're doing so....I opened ECMSpy in 2 windows and compared my stock map with the downloaded Race Map. I only changed the values in my stock tables when my numbers were lower than the Race Map.

Question 1) Should I have just copied the race map and pasted it into ECM Spy or am I on the right track.?

2) With a gutted muffler and airbox delete is the race map going to be "rich" enough to put a fair amount of miles on or should I hold off on riding until I can get my laptop back from geek squad( so I can do a custom tune)

Here is a copy of what I mean: The map on the Left is the buell race ECM and the right is my stock map with changes.

If there isn't a problem with the way I made changes, I'll be burning this to my ECM in the morning.

Question 3) Should I also install the timing maps????

I wish I could help bro. I only know how to flash the ECMs however you should try and do a data log and see how it's running and then adjust your fuel accordingly.

Flashing the race fuel tables would yeild possibly a little power, but more than anything just get ya back to a stoichimetric mixture but probably still on the richer side, your power gains will really come forth with the addition of the timing tables, more fuel allows ya to be a little more aggressive with the timing while still being safe. Its really what are you trying to accomplish here? Data logging just gonna help you build a fuel table, when ya start changing timing and fuel thats for making power. The more a learn about this tuning crap, and more i read about how to do it, and my own experiences the more i wanna stay off the internet. There is so much mis-information floating around about tuning youre Buell, yourself and making power, tuner pro and ecm spy, are actually very limited in what you can change compared to what the computer is actually doing. Doesnt mean you cant use them and make your machine awesome but its gonna take some real know how, not just data logging the. Copy and paste. If an 9 computer can run a 12 with mods then how badly do you need to be tweaking your fuel tables?

That's what I did and runs better that way than either stock or race. Use the race timing tables though.also I left the two bottom rows a little bit leaner to get rid of pop on decel and to make it run smoother in first gear in traffic

What surprised me was how there were only a few fields that were drastically different than my stock map... If my stock numbers were higher, I left them be.

I put about 30 miles on it this morning and it runs great.