Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey guy what do you you think about the hydraulic clutch kit

I replace my cable a month ago is almost new

This xb's clutch uses a diaphragm spring and ball/ramp setup to actuate vs the coil springs/clutch shaft that I normally see on all of my other bikes... And it does have a slight bit more noticeable pull than my other Japanese bikes... But I literally ride everyday so it matters little to me...

If it seems hard to pull at the moment and you have a new cable on the bike, your clutch lever has fresh grease on it's pin, and the bike's clutch itself is in good working order... Sorry to say man, but it sounds to me like that's as good as its going to get with your current setup man... You can shell out the cash to get a hydro setup or go with one of the E-Z pull clutch options that still uses a cable that was mentioned above if you wanna lessen the effort on your hand, or you can adapt to the heavy clutch pull...

Clutches hold torque and the amount of torque they can hold is a function of the spring force. They only have so much room for additional clutch discs in the initial design, as well as other constraints to the design. Our bikes are much higher in torque compared to most of the jap bikes and this is why it will always feel harder to pull in comparison. This is why anrkizm says his zx14 has a beast of a clutch...its a beast of a bike. Good luck getting your xb clutch to feel like a 600.

I have this mod on my bike - installed prior to my cross-country trip. Worth the price, in my opinion. I would say the force to pull is similar to cable but it is immeasurably smoother and consistent. In traffic, and I can't explain why, I think the holding force is less. In other words it's easier to hold it in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123