Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guy what do you you think about the hydraulic clutch kit

Oh not only wanted to know if it is a good buy because I drive my bike 100 miles daily and my clutch is killing my hand

MAN that thing is expensive!! ... I've only ridden 3 bikes that had hydraulic clutch systems ... the only thing they seemed to help (to me) was that there's no clutch cable to maintain and eventually break ... They didn't seem to have much less pull than a normal cable clutch to me (as long as you maintain your cables that is!!! ... worn out cables can give you popeye forearms after a short stint in heavy traffic) ...

all the hydraulic clutches I've felt were a ton easier to pull. I still think it's a huge cost for a comfort gain...then again I bought a seat purely on looks

I love the hydraulic clutch on my Cr.. they seem to work at ton better.. smoother and peace of mind knowing that the cable isn't there to break and leave you stranded..

While I'm not having any issues with my clutch at the moment. They still seem to be on my mind tonight. I just read an article that the Harley XR1200 uses the Buell XB clutch. (SOURCE)

With regards to city riding and reducing clutch pull on a cable, I'm seriously considering the Rekluse or EFM auto clutches. Clutch pull is reduced to a finger if you want to use it manually. That is not much tension on the clutch cable. After two years of thinking about it, I can't see the downside to using one.

Hahaha ... wolfo you make me laugh bro ... :)

You've got an excellent point 1badtitan90 ... I've had two clutch cables break on me throughout all the bikes I've had but I was lucky enough to be on roads with hardly any stops both times ... Really good luck with that so far ... (Knock on wood)

The only sport bike with a hydro clutch I've ridden was a CBR1000 and it wasn't so much that it was easier to operate in that it was a smoother action than my r6, but I had to really pay attention to it to notice (people also say they tend to "numb" away any clutch feel through the lever but I didn't notice that personally) ... but it wasn't enough of a difference or improvement for me to spend around $500 to slap a hydro kit on my bike (and I'd have to go through almost 25 clutch cables to make up that price difference as well judging by the kit listed at the start of this thread) ... The other two hydro clutch bikes I rode were cruisers and they felt just about as heavy as my 954 and r6 to me... my vrod was one of them and I had for about 2 and a half years ...

the cost on ebay is $220 and on american sporbike for $250 but if don't make any diferent i stay with my cable

Just get one of these...or ride more. I always notice it at the beginning of the year but it doesnt take long to buildup the muscles again.

Yes it is quite a bit more expensive. I put one on my bike a year ago and think it was worth every penny. The clutch pull is easier, but what I really like about it is that my clutch works so much better now and there is only one adjustment, having eliminated the cable length adjustment.

Like most other mods we make, it is a matter of personal taste, I like the fact that the clutch is smoother and works better. Is it worth the money? I think so, but you may not. To each his own…

I drive my bike 100 miles daily and my clutch is killing my hand
    your hand will get used to it

all the hydraulic clutches I've felt were a ton easier to pull
    the cable pull on my xb is easier than the hydro on my zx14

Just get one of these...or ride more

i have 21k miles on my stock cable.you just need to perform proper maintenance on it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast