first, bought, smelled, filled, cleaned, valve, refilled, unscrewed, fresh, station, plugged" /> Lots of fuel getting in my oil. Need help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of fuel getting in my oil. Need help

first of all I bought this bike used bout 8 months ago. Haven't done as much riding as I would like too. I've done all the usual tune up stuff. Good oil. Done my research. Noticed my oil was pouring out the swing arm when unscrewed the cap. Drained and refilled. Went one little ride to gas station for fresh fuel. It was a few months old cause I fish for a living 2 months at a time. Drained oil again cause it smelled of fuel. Filled back up, cleaned out PVC valve cause they were plugged. Ran it for few days constantly checking oil. Seemed ok so I went for hour and half ride. Rode it kinda hard. She sputters a tiny tiny bit. Cause I haven't been able to connect for a tune. Cable or computer problem. However that's another post. I figured maybe injectors. Seen diesels do this from faulty over filling inector. This engines seems same way. Or rings or is there maybe mech fuel pump leaking internally. Anyone's guess

Only possible way this happens is a severely leaky fuel injector. And before fuel in the oil was capable of smelling id suspect youd have major issues with running. I think you may be thinking your problem is something that it is not.

She sputters Lil bit, however she seems to get up and go. I think she's runnin rich a little as well. Just pulled plugs they look not very bad. But the intake is very oily. My PVC are getting a lot of blowby. Only seems to do it when I really rip on it so I'm gonna wait to get this tune down and go from there after an oil change.

See how thin the 20w50 royal purple is. Dripping off stick instantly and smells of gas. I put the oil level just above the safe zone and about 75 miles of good hard riding it looks like this.

Yeah check injectors. Not good.

The blow by oil mess normal, we do whats called breather re-route mod. And stop saying "PVC" the acronym you are looking for, "PCV"
    Also im not sure your oil being thin after a long ride indicates anything, heat. And use will do that to oil. I find it extremely difficult to believe your injectors could leak down that much. Running rich i cant believe would leave the crank case filled with gas. How much oil are you putting into the bike to get? Also are you checking the level with the bike straight up or on its kick-stand?
    Edit: i also dont think you should be messing with the tune on your bike if you suspect faults somewhere. Not to say you cant, but i honestly gather that tuning will be s bit over your head. Seek professional instruction before you attempt something you dont understand.

spell check fixed it to pvc. im checking oil on kickstand. the original oil level was below half way in the normal zone. the picture taken was at least 6 hrs after bike was shut down. as far as tuning i only wanted to reset tps and read my codes. i have seeked proffesional instruction to try and tune, however having software issues. not reading the com port when usb is plugged in. im gonna do compression test and maybe a pressure test. xb manual has been useful so far.

My brothers swing arm was filled to the threads when he pulled his dip stick. It definatly smelled of gas. But his was running like ****. He chanfed fuel filter and it woukdnt even hold idke w.o theottle. Its since been sitting

Youre probably missing the driver software for the cable.
    http://www.xoptiinside.com/buell_cable__bluetooth
    If it truely is fuel in the oil, logic dictates that the fuel injectors are leaking. The amount of fuel though youre suggesting is way way more than is possible from that ride. Excess fuel while running would cause miss fires fouling of plugs, poor idle, poor performance. If those things arent very serious or noticable then fuel is being burned and not deposited in the crank case. This just sounds too weird to be accurate.

Doing full tune. Coil plugs. Gonna try and get some injectors. Heard Mini Cooper injectors work. New k&n filter. Drain tank. Install plugin software. Thanks for that.
    It is in deed fuel. Pulled injectors and they looked fairly clean. Spark plugs had soot but not on diode. I've heard if you leave key on the injectors squirt a little. Oil and tune then up I'll retry riding and checking oil. Glad I could catch it before boom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast