Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery. My Buell

So I got an S tail in last week and put it on. Well started Friday and finished Sunday. I will try and and post it step by step but it's hard on this small screen to get the right pictures but here...

Set up and just removed the easy stuff.
    [
    Sent my 08 stator off to get rewired.

What crap is that! Lol thanks wd-40 (and it's not that bolt)

It was a little long at first :p

I wasn't sure how well this would work but I really like it. It doesn't move I would be conferrable with riding two up but I am still planning on making a bracket just like in a few weeks of so though.

I did it to both sides

And I know I skipped like the whole inside and wiring. I don't know. When I was doing research you never see anyone show you how to wire it all to fit underneath the seat. But now I that iv done it. I know why. We want you to have the mystery so if you want to know. DO IT. Hahah ;)

And so yes this is final product for now. It is still a work in progress and that sadly I don't think I will ever reach cause ill always think of something haha :). And don't worry when I get to it is when ill tell you but ill be matching all the colors.

very nice john :)

Jb

Did more work to it yesterday I just cleaned it up. Changed up some wiring so it ran better and fits better. I took off and painted my oil lines. Very simple just cleaned them sanded the surface a little cleaned them again and then put a few high heat layers on a satin layer and clear coats. I took the white paint off my rails and tail piece too getting those ready to powder coat.

Its always fun with projects as long as there's time and money. I've always loved the XB tails. You doing a great job.

Thank you sir. And ya I'm in college. Iv got myself tight on money but o so worth it. And I took the paint off my oil lines and used a different color. I used more of a charcoal flat black. I still have to clear coat it though so I don't know exactly how it's going to turn out but I think that satin black is to much.

Looks great man !! ... If only these things didn't have so many electrical problems I might consider picking one up one day if I see it for sale ...

that is going to look sweet although Im not a big fan of the gp shift. The cr with the s tail is the way to go. Ever consider a tail lift too?

I actually have a tail lift buts it's for an R! But I was thinking about having my machining friend make me a conversion peice. But I'm on the fence about it because idk if it's going to be over kill or not? I guess what do you guys think I should do? And why not a fan of the gp? I'm on the fence about putting it on too cause I race motorcross so I don't want it ****ing me up but I want it cause it is legit ****. I do like what it does. And thanks guys I'm trying I took the paint off the rails today. Now to powder coat. And yup my stator is out right now ill be own till the end of next week is when I get it back from ricks motorcycle electric and I already have a MOSFET VR so hopefully I'm done for a while!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast