, thinking, turned, replaced, fuses, weather, great, reset, throttle, fires, changed, firebolt, xb12r, battery, problem, alarm, clutch, restart, power, completely, solid" /> My 09 XB12R Firebolt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 09 XB12R Firebolt

I just put a new battery in my bike and i took out my alarm do to this problem, i also did that reset where you turn your throttle 3 times, and nothing has changed. When i start my bike it fires up fine and i can let it idle for a solid min then as soon as i put it in gear it dies. This last time after it died with the clutch still in i tried to restart it and the power is completely gone. So i turned off the key thinking it would come back like it had before and i got nothing.. Ok, before you all start saying look at your fuse box think of this it has done this 10 times, and i have not replaced any fuses. I go out i turn on the key i start it up it runs great i put it in gear and it dies. I have new plugs to put in the bike but this has nothing to do with plugs. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM missing all the best weather to ride.!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Bypass your kickstand sensor. See if that works if it does you need a new switch or just keep it so it doesn't have that safety feature.

No sensor on anything other than 03's

Ooooo weird I did not know that. Damn. It sounds like that kind of problem too

Sorry! I tried. Haha

Yep no sensor on our 09 XB12R . I love that. Freaks out the Kawai guys. :).

As for it not running, try charging the battery then see if that works. I'm running a lithium battery and I love it.

I just put in a new battery today and it works great! It fired up like a beast but then when i put it in gear at that very second it died. Not a normal die all the power on the dash went out completely!! So it went from running perfect to complete nothing.??????????????

Should have bought a sportster :D

Just kidding lol...all the best!

Dude that seriously screams kickstand sensor. Putting it in gear has nothing to do with any electronics that I can think of unless the bike dies with your neutral light on the dash but...damn how I'd hate to troubleshoot that.

Dude that seriously screams kickstand sensor. Putting it in gear has nothing to do with any electronics that I can think of unless the bike dies with your neutral light on the dash but...damn how I'd hate to troubleshoot that.
    Unless it has something to do with the neutral light switch.

I'd start checking grounds and harnesses for signs of rubbing/short/open circuits....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast