:(
So here's my problem, please help. My 07 xb12r stator went bad a few months ago in Hawaii. Right when that happened my piston inspection plug blew out while riding down the road. I waited to fix any of it as I was returning to the mainland soon after.

I am back on the mainland, ordered the stator and plug. Replaced the stator and plug and gave it an oil change. Rode home (about 25 miles). When I got off the highway the bike started sputtering and cut out and I heard a knock. I pulled over and took off the oil filler cap and oil/gas poured out like it was being poured from a jug. After i let it pour the bike restarted and I rode it about another quarter mile (i was only about a half mile from home) and still her the knocking and it sputtered and quit again. after it sat for about 5 minutes it started again.

The knocking was a lot like the kind of knock you hear when you change the oil and crank it for the first time antil the oil cycles through the system.

Is my engine screwed or is it something less serious than a piston or cylinder? My dad seems to think it could be as simple as a injector seal. Ideas?

I called a local Harley shop and they quoted me at aroun $1800 for pistons and cylinders. Hope its not that.

Thanks,