Thread: Neutral Switch

Having a problem with my 2001 Buell Blast. Here's the deal:

1. If the ignition switch is turned "ON" and I shift the bike into 1st the neutral light turns off (oviously), when I return to neutral the light turns on (normally).
    2. But when I turn on the bike (engine idling) and shift from "N" to 1st gear the light remains on, also riding on 2,3, etc.

Also noticed that when you turn on the bike you have to pull on the clutch lever so it would start (normal safety operation). When in "N" and the bike resting on the stand you could release the clutch lever and the engine should remain idling. Well this one isn't, as soon I release the clutch lever the engine turns "OFF" and still in "N".

I know that there is a safety feature that's standard on almost every bike, and is that when you're in gear and the stand is deployed the engine will shut down (safety feature). As soon as you pull up the stand and you're in "N" you can release the clutch lever and everything works fine except for the "N" light not shutting down when you start shifting gears.

I've been breaking my head thinking what could be wrong or broken on the bike. What has me going round and round is that the safety features are working backwards.

Looking forward to see some light at the end of tunnel. Hoping that you're expert advise will help me resolve this issue.

Best Regards, Armando

Clip the wires on your kickstand switch and twist them together (or use a paperclip and plug into both terminals of the plug). If it's still dying, replace the neutral switch.