Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chatterbox anyone?

Looking to get another set of Chatterbox's or something like them for me and my girl... I had the basic chatterbox like 6 years ago and wasnt sure what people use now or which ones to stay away from. I dont see to many bikers using them anymore but I liked being able to talk to my passeger or other people while riding instead of "biker sign language" lol

I use cardo's scala rider q'2.... Works good for me.. But it's the only one I have experience with... I'm looking at some bone mics to plug into some small 2 way radios with a ptt button soon... Just need monies

hmm okay ill have to take a look at them.. ive only had expierence with the basic chatterbox back in the day.. how well does it work with a full face helmet?

My q2 works ok as long as you have a helmet with good ear pockets and the interior is made out of something the speaker's velcro can stick to... The mic on mine doesn't pick up hardly any wind noise (I was on the phone with somebody doing about 80 on the interstate and they didn't believe I was on the bike)... And the 2 way between one rider to a passenger/another rider is pretty good within a short distance of each other in traffic... It's only bluetooth lol

okay cool ill have to look into them

They have the q2's and the g4's that I know of and have heard good things about both... I think my q2's do just fine for me... Haven't had any reason to test another so far.... But if i can source these bone mics and radios, I'm gonna sell the scala rider set... You don't have to worry about any wind noise with bone mics, and I see the 2 way radios having a better range...

I have had excellent results with the cardo's scala rider q'2.

Thanks guys im gonna have to check them out tonight

I have both a q2, and a g4. The g4 is a nicer more refined unit compared to the q2!!! I like the wireless Bluetooth music capability with the g4, and the buttons are easier to use on the g4 as well. The mic and speakers aren't that noticeably different between the two as far as I'm concerned. If you get the upgraded "boom-less" mic it is very nice and discreet!

One of my riding buddies and I just got a pair of G9's. All I can say is - Awsome! I've used the Q2's but these are even better. The wind noise is very very minimal. The music blue toothed from my phone is very clear. The volume self-adjusts as you go faster. It has voice recognition ... You can't do all the functions with that but it's still cool. I even sent a text the other day via Siri while I was riding! I like being somewhat "disconnected" when I ride but its nice having the ability to receive a call if I want to answer. Not having earbuds crammed into my ears and still ready to pop out when I turn my head - priceless! LOL! I was reluctant to try any communication device at first but I quickly realized their value on a group ride. Lately my buddy takes the lead and I take the tail and we keep the group together at an appropriate pace. They are a bit pricey but we got the pair for just a little over $400 with shipping from Amazon... Probably the best deal out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast