Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Easy" Exhaust?

Urban, I have a Jardine installed now, and I'm lookin to do the re-breather mod before I put the K&N filter in. I was gonna send my ECM to ASB.com after all was done. Can you remap based on a mod list like they can? I live in Baltimore, so DC isnt far at all.

2003Buellxb9s - I dont mean to jack your thread, but this info might be useful to you too. If you want Urban and I could continue this off your thread.

Tim,

Thanks so much for the info and the offer. I really want to try and do something to my bike that has to do with performance rather than appearance and the exhaust/filter seems to be the obvious first step. It's just that there is SOOOO much info and opinion out there as far as which one to go with, I thought it might be easiest to just start with Jardine/K&N. Honestly, the idea of going with the most popular/most accessible doesn't really gel with my personality, but as opposed to tackling a project like you're describing, it's much more realistic. I guess if there a bunch of people doing the Jardine it can't be THAT bad..

I'm no mechanic or expert but I'm relatively mechanically intuitive so if you need some extra hands with your project let me know, I'd be stoked to be a part of that.

Thanks again, as soon as I have my stuff I'll let you know so I can take you up on that offer!

-Lee

NoMore, Lee:

I'm also on BuelletinBoard.com

Feel free to PM me there, or send an email to Timothy.Pachter@Gmail.com

-Tim

Awesome thanks Tim...

And NoMore, who am I to tell someone when and where to jack.. jack as much as you need to, I do!

So to be clear...if I order a jardine for my 2009 xb12ss I can install it myself and dont need to remap the ecm? I am NOT going to do the filter.

Are there any other exhaust worth looking at that I can install myself without an ecm update?

Lots of exhausts worth looking at out there. Use the search function and type in exhaust. There's gobs of info about them on here. And yeah, you can get away with putting any exhaust on your bike.

Just so you know, Jardines have to be re-packed every so often.

I am looking for an easy to install pipe I can do myself for a bit more noise and more response. I dont like my lawn mower muffler very much.

Voodoo, Special Ops, Drummer, all use the stock pipe. You send them it, they do their magic, and send it back - or if they have one fabbed, you send them yours as a core, and they send you the fabbed one.

Either way, they all have the stock pipe look & ease of installation, but the similarities end there. ;)

I actually DON'T want the stock pipe look, i want something smaller, the stock muffler looks like a giant turd or a f**king bazooka.. i don't like the idea of having to deal with repacking the jardine though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12