Thread: Shinko sr568 for Blast

Has anyone tried the shinko tires? I searched and didnt find much if any reviews. Maybe i missed something. BUt the price is really attractive. Looking for a long lasting tire. Also looking at the ST 66 for the long mileage, but the shinko are half the price.

I've previously used the stealth and advance 005 by shinko and both were awesome for the price, shinko has come a long long way with there tires . I will be using the ravens next for my bike

I've used the Shinko 777's and 712's cruiser tires on Sportsters. They were far superior in grip and ride quality to the stock Harley Davidson Dunlops. Shinko makes very good handling tires for lightweight cruisers but they are very soft compound so they do not last as long as say a dual compound tire or tire specifically made for longer mileage. I have never used Shinko sportbike tires but people seem to say they wear out very quickly but grip like crazy. Shinko tire company is a Japanese company that has been making tires for decades (Their manufacturing is in Japan and South Korea). They got into the motorcycle tire market by buying Yokohama's tire molds. If you are looking for a long lasting tire I would not go with Shinko for the only reason that they wear quickly. I have always been a fan of Michelin (currently running Pilot Power 2CT+) on sportbikes and will most likely go with Pilot 3's next. They may cost more than the Shinko's but they handle better and last longer.

This is for a Blast, they don't use sportbike tires.

I've not personally used Shinko but have read reviews that their mileage/life is comparable to Pirelli Diablo's while the Diablo's are still stickier.

Avon is another good tire for the Blast.

I don't ride aggressive, at least not yet. I like the tread pattern on the st66 better. Like that really matters. The mileage out of the Shinko or diablo should be what? 6000 miles for the rear? I thought I read a thread by EZ stating this for the diablos.

I had shinko advance's on my firebolt. They were on it when I got it and lasted me a solid 6,000 miles of agressive riding but then again i ran them until they were slicks lol. They were good tires and are well worth the money. But I will say that once I replaced them with pilot 2ct's, it was a HUGE difference. One million and twenty four times better for my style of riding. Compared the the shinko's the pilots were razor sharp on the curves and so much stickier. The difference is almost ridiculous. But if your not going to be doing any agressive riding I would say by all means go for the shinko's. They will last you for quite a long time and get the job done

Shinko Raven 009's second set, well second rear...got 11k on the first, does well in the rain...cons, the front tire center groove tracks the rain grooves on the freeway, more so when new than worn down some, overall great tires

...sigh...

THESE ARE FOR A BLAST WITH A 16" WHEEL

Sportbike tires (17" wheel) DO NOT FIT.

I get about 5k out of my Diablo's.

Does one know if the ST66 oversized front will fit? 110/80 16?