, plugging, finger, normal, opening, appreciated, greatly, diaphram, slide, float, found, couple, thing, things, wrong, start, finally, owner, starting, forum, response, buells, working, scratcher, stock, super, height, passages, airbox, experimenting, thourougly, response,falls, badly, times" /> 02 Blast little throttle response

Thread: 02 Blast little throttle response

Hi all, new to the forum and also Buell's. Working on an 02 Blast with a head scratcher carb issue. Starting off, the owner of this thing has been in the carb and I found a couple of things wrong going by the manual. Finally got it to start and idle not too badly, but anything over 1/8 throttle, just no response,falls flat like no fuel. Have been thru the carb several times thourougly, all jets and passages clear. float height set, new carb boot ( Stock, not the Super Boot) With the airbox off, the ever experimenting guy that I am can hold my finger plugging the air pilot openings and then it will rev up almost like normal. I don't see where these use threaded in air pilots and don't see anything in the manual. other than to make sure they were clear. Slide diaphram looks okay and it will move with throttle opening, so I don't think that is the issue. Any help here greatly appreciated. If you need any more info let me know, but I think I pretty much covered everything. Thanks in advance!

Check to make sure the silver needle jet (aka collar) is in place and physically poking up into the throat of the carb from the bottom.

It's the silver piece that the needle sets down into.

Yep, it's there protruding about 1/8"