Thread: Set me straight

Hi, I'm the new guy.
    So I want two know when the the air scoop on the left side of the xb stopped being a ram air scoop for the air box, and started scooping air for the rear cylinder.
    What year?
    Also, did the delete of the air duct through the frame get turned into extra capacity?
    It's been cooking my noodle for days why the hell there were vents in the inner airbox cover where they would release any pressure created by the ram air effect. WHY? Well after taking some stuff apart I discovered that there's no connection between the scoop and air box. Rather air is sucked in via the vent by the gas fill and the area at the back of the air box cover. Below the seat.
    So when and why did they diverge from ram air?
    I was considering a right side scoop addition to my '09 scg but now I wouldn't bother. I almost never even know it has a fan any way.
    So my bike has a drummer exhaust, k&n filter, ebr ECM. But the exhaust servo is still plugged in. If I unplug and remove the servo, will I get a CEL?

Probably poor form to have so many questions in one post, but I godda know.

Thanks,
    Z

I know that the metal circles that are welded on the frame just block the hole and is just air in between.

Hi, I'm the new guy.
    So I want two know when the the air scoop on the left side of the xb stopped being a ram air scoop for the air box, and started scooping air for the rear cylinder.
    What year? 2006

Also, did the delete of the air duct through the frame get turned into extra capacity? Yes but not by much
    It's been cooking my noodle for days why the hell there were vents in the inner airbox cover where they would release any pressure created by the ram air effect. WHY? Dont know, wasnt my design
    Well after taking some stuff apart I discovered that there's no connection between the scoop and air box. Rather air is sucked in via the vent by the gas fill and the area at the back of the air box cover. Below the seat.
    So when and why did they diverge from ram air? It was never a "True" Ram air system
    I was considering a right side scoop addition to my '09 scg but now I wouldn't bother. I almost never even know it has a fan any way. It will help
    So my bike has a drummer exhaust, k&n filter, ebr ECM. But the exhaust servo is still plugged in. If I unplug and remove the servo, will I get a CEL? Unplug it it will be fine

Inactive
    So my bike has a drummer exhaust, k&n filter, ebr ECM. But the exhaust servo is still plugged in. If I unplug and remove the servo, will I get a CEL?
    yes

right hand scoop channels air to the rear cylinder keeping it cool, the load/usage on the fan is reduced, keeps your arse a bit cooler too :D
    the snorkel was removed from my bike before I bought it 7 yrs ago, so the scoop serves dual purpose by one...main air intake and two...channels air to the rear cylinder from the left side, my bike runs fairly cool in SoCal, fan comes on when she's really ridden hard or on those rare really hot days