Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFM automatic clutch - Buell Blast

haha thanks for the help this time, but no sammich for you!
    I'll look into the link you posted
    I'll be taking the msf class once i get back from CA to PA so no worries on that, I am in college so the low price does sound appealing!

@the octopus, ya i used to actually ride dirt bikes, so the "how" to use the clutch part isn't a stranger to me, i just also really like the idea of having an auto clutch when and i need it, like sext9 said before about being in the city. And whenever my hand does need it, it's nice to not have to worry about the clutch at times. I'm not an enthusiast and i don't plan on being a motorcycle crazy person, but i would enjoy riding around once and around and commuting to school.

Ya it is a whopping 695 dollars...
    Ya i couldn't find anything about it on buell blasts but it seems to be becoming more popular with dirt bike and HD riders.

What about relocating the clutch? Left foot would be clutch and you could do a suicide shifter.
    I don't know how difficult it would be for you but it could be a possible cheaper solution/ simpler.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HhO2vnk7Ry...fter%2Btap.jpg

Well, I was just reading and wasnt going to post but seeing how you are a female I must!

First, since it is a blast and blasts are scooters anyways I say go for it, esp if it is only 700$!

Second, pics! Of yourself, not your future scooter. With as little clothes as possible. (I feel like being ornery today)

Welcome to the forum! We are all assholes now since the event...

Second, pics! Of yourself, not your future scooter. With as little clothes as possible. (I feel like being ornery today)
    Lawls!

Plz, if you are gorgeous, no clothes... If above the 180lbs, plz ignore us assholes... Either way, sammich and a beer plz

Or just beer....

Super Moderator
    Guys, I want to remind you that we are not 4chan. That means that you need to comport yourselves like (relative) gentlemen. Pestering a female member for nude pics does not qualify for gentlemanly behavior. If that bothers you, shoot me a PM. Otherwise, I'll be deleting each additional comment that continues down that road.

I was just celebrating America yesterday. No pestering if it was asked once ;). Everyone knows I like to poke the bear sometimes but I can also be helpful. Don't be jelly that no one ever asks you for pictures Max :P

(BTW, tell me sometime how your trip went and how your doctor education is going)

I was just celebrating America yesterday.
    We were drunk... We're sorry ... But really it was just rude joking, i wouldnt call it pestering.

Guys, I want to remind you that we are not 4chan. That means that you need to compose yourselves like (relative) gentlemen. Pestering a female member for nude pics does not qualify for gentlemanly behavior. If that bothers you, shoot me a PM. Otherwise, I'll be deleting each additional comment that continues down that road.
    This thread is a perfect example of why Blast riders don't stick around here. Sure, there are a lot of cool guys on this forum, but just like squids ruin the image of sportbike riders...the jackasses here ruin the image of not only themselves, but all their fellow members as well.

Volkim, what they don't tell you about auto-clutches is how hard the shifts can be if you don't use the manual clutch. Seeing as the auto-clutch is engaged at anything over idle, shifting without the manual clutch is exactly that; it can be quite violent and is very detrimental to your internals.

It (the auto-clutch) is a great product for people that have issues with takeoff or holding a clutch lever; once moving though, you should be using the manual lever to make your shifts. As shown above (somewhere in that mess of bull****), there are products that make the clutch pull easier whether it's a ramp/ball assembly or levers with different cam design.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast