Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFM automatic clutch - Buell Blast

I'm confused. Why is the auto-clutch a bad thing? It doesn't do any shifting. It simply works the clutch when the bike is at idle or not. You can still use the clutch manually if desired.

It seems like it might be an advantage if your in the city going from stop light to stop light.

can somebody make me a ham and cheese......?......

that's exactly another reason why i want it because I do live in the city and if for some reason my hand does fail me for a second, i want to be able to have the back up idea of an auto-clutch. I still like the fact that i can still shift as well and use the clutch when i want to.

It'll definitely be an advantage to me, at least in the city going from stop light to light.

I read with that clutch installed, clutch pull is reduced to a finger pull. So I hope your hand wouldn't give out with the reduced pressure.

The one main disadvantage I see is if you use engine braking at idle. You'd have to keep the throttle off idle for engine braking purposes.

You'd get the hang off the rpm at which it engages though.

it's the fact that you judge so quickly before actually even being helpful in the first place. what you just told me, That what helpful. but just telling me to grow a pair isn't. Also you say you don't along with scooter enthusiast, but shouldn't u be more of a helping hand with someone who's trying to get out of scooters and into motorcycles?
    Should i be? I could be, do i have to, nope.

You want help, well the auto clutch is un-needed. The blast does not have enough power to get away from you if your hand does fail. Its not hard to ride, and the clutch is not that strong. There is even a kit that makes lever actuation easier.
    http://www.americansportbike.com/sho...how/16077.html
    Ive never seen it put on a blast but i see no reason why it cant be. But im sure the price and time is a lot better. Now that ive een helpful, how bout the sammich?

hmm, that's something we cud probably discuss with EFM themselves, but i haven't heard of any disadvantages like that yet.

My only problem right now is that I've yet to learn how to take apart my clutch, send it in, and put it back on without probably ruining the bike ....

What would the cost be on somthing like this ?

I think bikes with a Jockey Shift would really benefit from this.

What would the cost be on somthing like this ?
    The cost from EFM is $695.00.

The link i posted, that part does not require clutch dis-assembly, in fact its very easy and i could easily walk ya through it, if you were to take on such a task yourself.

Learning to use the clutch, i highly recommend a real motorcycle training course or a skilled rider to teach you.

The value of the auto clutch just isnt there. They cost half the value pf any decent blast. $150 and and an aquired skill sound like a much better deal.

Super Moderator
    This thread is really sad.

It sounds like you're trying something new that no one has done before. Quite frankly, a blast with an auto clutch sounds like, well, a blast. I'd ride it. If you have the coin to make it happen, then power to you.

I do have to say that learning to use a clutch is not as difficult as you might think. I was terrified going from a manual car to a bike with a clutch. Then terrified again going from a modern bike with a left hand shift and standard shift pattern to a vintage bike with a right hand shift and GP pattern. Both moves were actually pretty easy, and just required a little patience and practice in a safe place.

Whichever way you go, keep us updated. Ignore the neckbeards in this thread who are getting pissy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast