Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a 2000 Blast today

When I got it home I realized that it had been converted to a sport bike peg and shifter/ brake position. This is for my wife and she cannot easily shift and finds the position not as comfortable as the original setup. So, does anyone know where I can get the frame parts that the pegs mount to, complete with pegs? Also are those parts different or the same from year to year. The bike has 12000 miles, and a Vance& Hines exhaust. I noticed riding home that the forks seem to be slightly tweaked--The bars were slightly left of center-- any advice?

On the positive side the bike runs very well, seems to have plenty of power for what it is (my 2008 uly is a lot better), shifting is very good, except for the foot position and neutral is easy to find.

Is there anything I should be looking for?

Got a pic of them sport bike pegs?

You can get the foot pegs and brackets on Ebay but you may have to buy from several different sellers to get everything you need.. I'm 99% sure they're the same for every year. If you don't have any luck there I'd consider selling mine. I'd be looking for $75 shipped within the US for the pair. I'm fairly certain I have all the pieces including the bolts etc. If you don't have any luck elsewhere let me know if you're interested and I'll get back to you with the specifics.

I've got a parts blast, I have the factory rearsets and all. Are the bars not centered in the clamps? otherwise the bars are bent, just loosen the bolts on the clamps and center it. Tighten the front bolts then the rear

I have the factory rearsets and all.
    They didn't come with rear sets from the factory. Factory were mid or forward controls.

Thumpe,
    I will post a pictures of the rearsets later today.

Superme174 and buellxb9rs,
    I jumped on a couple of brackets on ebay. Unfortunate, because I paid more than they were worth, but my wife cannot use the rearsets. I do need some other parts-hardware for the brackets and a the front pulley cover and screws because removing the rearsets will also remove the pulley cover. I am also looking for a rack, or bags and a windscreen. And I need an oil pressure switch.

buellxb9rs,
    It is the triple clamp that appears slightly offset when you ride the bike. Otherwise it handles well and is stable. It also seems to take more effort to turn than my 08 Ulysses.

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. I appreciate it.

Oops, I forgot. I also need the standard blast shift lever, complete with slip ring.

unreal:(

So these are the photo's of the reset kit on this bike. You can see that the foot-peg rubber is not pod. Otherwise it works well if you like rearset controls

Where are you located? I am willing to swap rearsets, covers and hardware for them. Also, I have the original handlebars if needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast