Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZTL2 on a 03 XB9S

Hi
    I have a ZTL2 that I want to install on a 03 XB9S. But since I have to change the master cylinder I am wondering if I should change to a nissin 19 mm radial cylinder at the same time.

I have found several threads with much great info about the this topic, but I still have a couple of questions I hope somebody can help me with.

#1Can I use the same brake line on a larger original Buell master cylinder or if I choose to go with a radial cylinder? If so is this the on you would recommend: http://www.americansportbike.com/sho...how/18008.html

#2 I also says on ASB that I have to modify the connector on the 03 if I want to go with a radial cylinder. Any body that knows what kind off modification this is, and how much work it is?
    http://www.americansportbike.com/sho.../16106-19.html

Not necessary to use a radial master when upgrading, some have the opinion that a radial gives better braking feedback with less lever travel than the stock mc.

The brake line fitting at the caliper for the ZTL2 8-pot has no bend, the ZTL 6-pot caliper has a 45 deg bend. Some have reused the ZTL brake line and flipped it with no issues. My opinion is that it puts the line too close to the wheel. The fitting for the mc side is the same for both. Spiegler can make custom lines or the one from ASB will work fine also.

The connector on 04-up uses two individual spade connectors as opposed to the 03 single connector, easily modded. GL

Thanks sparky
    New master cylinder and brake line ordered.

/\ you will not regret it. I just did this upgrade on my '05 XB12R (ZLT2 8-pot front caliper, Nissin 19mm radial front master cylinder). Used the same front brake line. New brake pads are not fully broken in yet, but already performance is greatly enhanced, and lever feel is quite tactile with a nice feedback. Already I can tell this is a required and necessary upgrade from the mediocre stock set up. I have had it on my wish list, and then my to do list, for some time. All readers - do this mod.

Have any pictures of stock parts vs the new ztl2 caliper and radial master cylinder

Vtech and XBoslo what did the complete upgrade cost? I'm seriously considering replacing the front rotor and pads on my XB12R anyway. Brake surging under hard braking is scary.

I do not remember what I paid for the caliper (got it from this forum) but I paid 125 USD for the master cylinder and 50 for the brake line. Decided to wait with the radial brake until I can afford one from ISR.

what did the complete upgrade cost?
    Nissin Front ZTL2 Caliper 03-10 1125 Series and XB Series $354.24

Nissin 19mm Radial Master Cylinder for XB $224.95

Total - $579.19

Not a low cost upgrade - but transforms the braking performance of the motorcycle from mediocre at best to high performance. There is no substitute for good brakes. This should be considered BEFORE internal engine high performance modifications.

hi everyone,

i.would like to upgrade my 2004 xb9sx to ztl2 too.

how long do i need if i am going to make a new brake line?

i am using the brembo brake master cylinder with hole under that.

about the banjo , what size is that? m10 or m11?

should i use 90 degrees for f1 angle?

should i use straight for f2 angle?(brake caliper side?)

thank you

I upgraded to a ZTL2 and Nissin 19mm radial off a GSXR and couldn't be happier. Im using a HEL front brake like i just ordered for an XB... didnt indicate with ZTL or ZTL2..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast