Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEI "Titanium" vs Fiberglass exhaust wraps

My bike came with old white/yellowed fiberglass exhaust wrap. I ordered DEI black, rewrapped my headers and they looked awesome for about a month. Now they're down to a steel color and fading fast. I've considered using black silicone spray to make them black again, but not sure how it's going to look. Anyone tried this?

Since the titanium wrap is made from some kind of lava rock mesh, it's not supposed to fade but keep it's steel/carbon fiber color. Any real difference between them as far as I'm concerned, beyond color durability? Does the "titanium" actually retain it's color permanently?

Go with the Titanium wrap it doesnt fade.

Thanks for the pic!

I wrapped mine in the fiberglass wrap and it suffices just to keep the scratches and dent covered on the header... But I do plan on going back and redoing it in titanium... They didn't have enough when I went to go buy some...

I used DEI black then sprayed it with the black paint that came with the wrap. It has been on the bike for a little over 4500 miles.

That looks great kd4gru! A can of spray is way cheaper and lower labor than rewrapping. Wish me luck!

Just picked up a XB9S that has the silver wrap(looks bad). Have about 1/2 can of paint left. Going to try painting befor rewrapping.
    When I get to doing it I'll put some befor and after pics. Have a few other higher priority projects to do first.

Good info kd4gru,just did my pipes with the black Dei wrap tonight,i have hi temp silicone spray and will coat them well,thanks for saving me from losing it;)

I painted mine this week, trying the cheaper option first. Taped tons of plastic sheet over every non-exhaust piece and used half a roll of painter's tape. I think it turned out great!

I had the black wrap with the black silicone spray on one of my CBR's for over 20,000 miles and it never faded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast