Thread: Buell service in Los Angeles?

Hello fellow Buellers,

I recently purchased an '09 xb12scg, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good Buell mechanic/shop in the Los Angeles area. I am not far from Glendale Harley, but: 1) I called to speak with service there, and although I am a total Buell newbie, I've read enough on here to realize that the mechanic I spoke with gave me a bunch of wrong info; and 2) others have posted on here about poor service from Glendale.

Are there any other choices? How about independent shops? Thanks in advance for your input!

depends on what you need the shop to do for you that you can't or don't feel you can do yourself? so, what do you need done to your bike?

Just a word of advice, do not go to that HD place in Glendale....the shop manager/mechanic is an ass. It's sad, because they were an authorized Buell dealer at the time and do work on Buells. Some how a 400 dollar quote when up to a 2k dollar possibility. All I had to do was sign the form for them to take my bike, but instead he sat on the phone talking to his buddy about his bike all while looking at me for 30-40 minutes. I got my key and left....

With that said, I don't have a place either where I can work on my bike and I'm new to motorcycles. Good with dismantling my Land Rover, not quite ready to start with the bike other than the simple mods and oil changes. So, I do take my bike to the HD in Long Beach, and they are ok...still a bit tarded....but nice. Marine Del Rey HD supposedly has the best Buell mechanic in the area...he's a Japanese fellow. Nice guy, but the sales/service people are a bit ****.

Let me know if you find a local cat you can trust....I've been looking. Until I get a bigger place or a garage....I will have to take it to a shop.

Cheers!

thrstrmech, I just bought my bike and I want to make sure it's running right. I've never worked on let alone tuned a bike, and mine has a K&N filter, Jardine exhaust, and O2 controller for the stock ECM. Due to the O2 controller, the check engine light comes on. Since I don't know about tuning, I'd like to make sure everything is okay. I've read good reviews on here about the tuniversity, but I'm afraid most of it will be over my head.

BuellRonin, thank you for your input. Marina del Rey isn't very close to me, but I'd roll out there for the best.

BuellRonin, the Japanese mechanic at Bartel's in Marina del Rey is Mitsu Hoshino.

Yep, I actually rolled up there today...they are going to replace my seal in the front right fork....while the other HD closer to me just wanted to replace the whole down tube.

Talked to him today. But they do a first come first serve at all HD on Saturdays....so I'll be there bright and early.

Cheers!

I know a very knowledgable independent Buell mechanic in the Los Angeles area who has a passion for working on all Buell models!

This guy is just as good, if not better than Mitsu at Bartell's in the Marina ( I know both ).

His name is Scott (323-775-8772) tell him Josh sent you.

Cheers,
    J

Shaughn in El Segundo. (Where I lost my wallet nyuk,nyuk,nyuk)
    (310-503-3695). He used to own his own shop for 20+ years. But now retired and working out of a nice hobby shop. Sometimes it takes a little while to get an appointment, but he's totally worth it.

Any new suggestions here? Shaughn moved to Florida and Scott seems a bit busy with other work right now.
    I am close to Marina Del Rey but would rather go to a shop or garage if it would be cheaper than a dealer.
    Is Mitsu still at MDR?
    Thanks