Thread: new 04 xb12r owner

ok so im completely new to buells but these bikes are crazy awesome never felt anything like it just picked mine up a few days ago she had 13413 miles when i got her it was a 150 mile ride home so we had some bonding time right of the bat lol and it got 62 mpgs, put about another 150 miles on it since and since im new to these bikes i have some questions i looked the bike over crazy good when i got it no oil leakin or nothin but now after about 300 miles i see the oil weeping out of the lines coming outa the swing arm but the lines all seem tight so any input be awsome and then i was concerned about the valvetrain noise but after seeing that other post about motor noise i feel alot better and also as youll see in the pick it has a aftermarket can on it dont know brand the guy i bought the bike from said it was on there when he got it bit i noticed the headers are kinda blue and some ppl say thats from runnin lean so i asked the guy if it was ever remaped when the can was installed and he didnt know so is that something i should be concerned about and one more thing i know im kinda goin on and on but when you rev it up or sometimes decel theres a rattly clattery noise i hope its like the exhaust loose or somethin so im goin to check and make sure its tight but if its not i hope its not comin from the motor. to some it up im a new buell ower who probably worries to much but input would be nice thanks

sorry bout the sidways picks not verry computer savy

Good looking bike...Congrats....Hard to see but You Definetly have a leak. Need to find out we're it's coming from and get it stopped these bikes are air cooled so they burn a lot of oil every couple 100 miles you need to stand bike straight and chk oil. When oil get low lifters will chatter more but they have a little noise... Still good idea to chk for loose bolts. Throttle position sensor reset probably needs to be done.

now this may sound dumb but im new to these bikes so why do you say the tps may need to be reset what problems does it cause

Well the miles that are on it may have left some play in the throttle... it will give you smoother excell and better consistency more even air fuel mix... If it stumbles stutters or anything you may think about it other wise if its running ok and your happy no worries... I got away with no tps reset for years....