Thread: issues with getting title in ohio

I bought my 2008 Buell XB12R off a dealer ship that said get a re builder title for it when I got the documentation says parts vehicle bill of sale I already got 90% of the bike done pics of it
    when I bought the motorcycle

How it is right know before I put the seats on the garage is a mess to work on this thing

anybody ever had to do a rebuilt bike I need to get a salvage title and probably by the time I get this thing done it be cheaper to buy one already with a title.

I did one a LONG time ago, had to go through State Trooper's inspection at their main site. The guy doing the inspection was an absolute ass, EVERYTHING had to be perfect. Check with your local DMV about getting the salvage title done, they can point you in the right direction.

If you got the bike cheap enough, it's worth doing it. I rebuilt the one I was doing (picked it up for a few hundred) and ended up selling it for about $3k.

Right know I got $3K wrapped into this thing bought the bike for $2500 it didn't have a title when buying it it has a bill of sale. I just want to hit the streets in it before my birthday in mid August. Tomorrow I'm going to file for a title at the title agency see if I can get a Salvage title there with the bill of sale. I have the wiring and everything done under the seat the seat will be in around August I just cant wait so Impatient lol

Turbo, you got that from racers edge right? In my experience ive never had any troubles gettin titles straightened out. Just get it road ready blinkers/signals/plate light and you should be good to go. It shouldn't be that expensive once you get it all straightened out. As far as I know that bike just had subframe/frame attachment issues correct?

yea I bo9ught it from racers edge. the guy that is doing the appointments said I need a title the bike didn't have one I have a bill of sale and on the bill of sale it said that have the highway patrol look at it and inspect it before it goes on the road he probably didn't see that paper I'll show it to him, I showed the other paper to him showing I bought the bike and the notary on it I should of gave him all my paperwork. Yes the only thing wrong with it was it was missing the seats and rear turn signals and brake light and license plate frame I ordered it all from Harley Davidson. The subframe I bought the subframe off ebay and on the frame it show's the inventory number that matches with the frame I bought I printed the receipt the guy say's they need the vin number off the bike it came off of.they didn't even look at the bike because I drove my Hearse there I'll trailer it when I get a inspection date, I was just there to schedule an appointment because I heard it takes 3 weeks to get one.

I guess I'm screwed know there saying parts vehicle the bike is done and I ordered parts for it replaced the subframe turn signals brake light seats they said that you can get a re-builders title but you half to replace 50% of the bike to do that what is 50% of the motorcycle anyways? there saying it's just a parts bike know.

OK so I live in Ohio and my bike has a rebuilt salvage title. Here is what I had to do if I remember. Correctly.

Fix bike with good tires, mirrors, blinkers, all lights work. A road safe bike
    Go to DMV put title in my name and get a rebuild packet. Give them some money
    Call and set up an appointment for the inspection.
    Get bike inspected
    Back to DMV to get title switched to a rebuilt title then put that in my name and get plates. Give them some more money

I would call them. I'm not sure about the bill of sale paper tho....
    Also remember with rebuilt title you will pay out the ass if you want and can find full coverage insurance. I was quoted 1800year because of the title. Most places won't loan a rebuilt vehicle. Over all resale is normally lower.

Probably the easiest way you can do it now is buy a frame with a clean title if you can find one, swap it, take the complete bike to the BMV and get it inspected. Friend did that with a bike once.

thanks guys I'm waiting until my parts are all in and probably the 3 week waiting list is up I'll have it out by September probably hopefully idk