Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2008 XB12R Rebuild... Won't Start/Backfire

think you need to give the guys at EBR a call and discuss the issues you have at hand, think they'll probably ask if you have the CD with tuning software or ask you to ship the ECM to them and have it reset to base calibration map. either way something is off, not showing any codes doesn't seem right either, maybe I'm wrong, but it's worth getting any info from the people that created it. EBR's engineering dept. should have tons of data showing failures and successful loads, performance data of the ecm. they would make patches to correct failures and probably capable of doing target loads in the software where needed to correct faults to allow proper operation of the component.

think the guy you bought it from may have done some changing of settings, f@#!ed it up and had the same issues, couldn't figure it out and decided to sell the bike, just saying it's possible

good luck and don't give up

2008+ engines do not have a camshaft sensor installed, therefore no camshaft sensor data can be displayed.
    adjusting a ddfi-3 ecm with the pirated ecmspy version will most probably brick it.
    but keep on trying, your bike, your money ...
    Again shut up and quit trolling.

What ich is trying to say, is beause you have a crank sensor, not a Camshaft sensor, so using ecmspy you wont get the 0-5 green red reading.

About using ecmspy, and bricking it, ich doesnt even have a motorcycle and never actually road or tuned a motorcycle, he lives in a little cubical reading binary code in the dark cause he has no friends. I use ecmspy on my 08 all the time to reset AFV and TPS reset, never had an issue. I wont be attempting to burn or fetch eeproms with it though.

This is very difficult issue.

i met the coder, and he confirmed, that ddfi-3 is not supported at all and that he stopped development before it was fully done. it's buggy as hell, but, well, as mentioned already, your bike, your money ...

thinking about it, i personally never bumped the compression so high and increased bore, the way your bike is popping and sputtering sounds apmost like pre mature detonation, so with that said means you might be running so lean its initing under pressure alone.
    that throws another question into the list of many... when I turn the bike over using a wrench on the crank gear it almost feels like it gets to a point where it doesn't want to turn anymore. Could my compression be that high to where it's detonating when it shouldn't be? I guess I need to go just get the compression tester and do the test.

Regarding the ecmspy software, I have heard that the old version does not work with the ddfi3 ecms. They read the eeprom in a different way. I think that maybe the guy that tad the bike before me used it to tune and screwed it up to begin with....? I will give Erik buell racing a call on Monday to see what they say about it. I really don't want to drop a grand on a new ecm and their software, but at this point I'm so frustrated that I just want to get it done.

Hey this ghetto as **** but hear me out.

Open your tables in tunerpro. Open the timing tables. Add 5 to everything. Both front and rear. Save as a test file. Up load to the bike, any change when trying to start.

Again this is just a test to see if the timing is too advanced for the compression. If it improves or attempts to start, add another 5 see what happens. This is ghetto as ****

Bike is going to the dealership today... again. I hope they can figure it out this time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456